"Don't miss this one for only $5,500"

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
That thing has been for sale for over a year it seems. It's going to take the market awhile to catch up with that asking price.

So the next question is what happens first. It's a bargain at $5,500, or it rusts in half? My money is on the rust.

sirshorty

Reaction score
this sad car

they had it on their website at 7000 before so i guess it's a price drop but it is all too sad to see a car get to a point like this and for a dealer to describe this as " a light restoration as he does with most of the buckets he buys and flips.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Gullwing Motors has been around for ages. Not sure they still advertise in Hemmings but I remember looking for their ads back in the day because they had cool stuff.... in all condition.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not exactly accurate

"This 1970 BMW 2800CS Coupe is a very rare find and a very original example for easy restoration. These early first generation E9 coupes are fast becoming highly sought-after collector cars. Don't miss this one for only $5,500"
This would not be an easy restoration if you had access to the best restoration shop known to mankind! My guess is that they paid less than 500.00 for it- if they paid anything at all. Eee what a mess!

sirshorty

Reaction score
wording

I dont think the words "easy and resto" are often used in the same sentance in reality, but they would never apply to this car even if you had the best shop in mankind and you had the biggest and best bank account known to mankind to deplete by paying that shop to do such an easy resto. if you had such an account then you would be looking elsewhere to pay someone who has already completed such an easy resto for you. I suppose writing the check LOL

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I went to Gullwing on my last trip to the city as they had this and a few other coupes for sale including the red one. They were all in very rough shape and well north of what I would even consider paying. I did enjoy the visit though considering I showed up without an appointment and was given free roam through several warehouses packed with cars of every ilk and age.

Last edited: