door alignment

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Malaga coupe had a an original bolt which was removed with a 12 point torx, BMW now sells the bolt using a T-45 six point.
4100D104-8476-4098-B293-EF5E9A6966C1.jpeg

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Triple square bit sockets were needed in our Audi, have a whole set. My entire town knows to come to me if they need one.

Did we ever find a match to the OEM plastic cover that goes over these bolts???

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmm , my car just has standard m8 bolts there. But is has been apart before in its life.

Was the 12 pointed once original?
Only one on the front position on the top hinge? Or on all 6 door side screws of the two door hinges?

A strange choice by BMW if you ask me; though it probably means that I have just to learn why they did it like that.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A strange choice by BMW if you ask me; though it probably means that I have just to learn why they did it like that.
Exactly. There is plenty of room for a 13mm socket there so I really can't see that as being the reason. And, it seems like it is the only place in the car where they use that odd bolt. There has to be a reason...

IMG_1132.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bo, On both of my coupes having the smaller head helped, as your door is not adjusted properly it does make a difference. Otherwise the socket scrapes on the inner door panel and who needs chipped paint? A thin wall socket would also suffice.