Door Brakes (Checks/Stops)

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
i see a cottage industry for you Dan ... make + sell these parts
Scott: I have only bored them after pressed in the door check. I wouldn’t mind having a lathe but I can’t justify it. I would be happy to send a section of the tubing.

Last edited:

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The MBZ door brake worked so well that I changed out my driver's side as well. It's a 2-position door brake so you can have your door halfway open or all the way open.
hello Mike, did you use the W124 or the W201? Did you utilize the rear mounting hole? Installed, it is not flush against the door like OEM, Assume it does not interfere
with the window track(e3). Did you use the bushing? I ask because does not appear to need one as the end is closed, unlike factory part.Thanks

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Quick lathe, Chuck a pin , a touch bigger, put in a drill and hold a file against it It will get you where you need to be. Or else use a roll pin which should expand to be tight. McMaster Carr should have these in varying sizes

Mike Goble

Reaction score
hello Mike, did you use the W124 or the W201? Did you utilize the rear mounting hole? Installed, it is not flush against the door like OEM, Assume it does not interfere
with the window track(e3). Did you use the bushing? I ask because does not appear to need one as the end is closed, unlike factory part.Thanks
The W201 brake is what I used with just the 2 end bolts. I drilled out my door frame flange to accept the stock 6.25mm MBZ pin.