Door Chrome

srennoc

Reaction score
I have been looking for a solution for the interior door chrome pieces for the last several years. Hoping mobile tradition would reproduce the pieces. As of today they are still not available. Walking out to the driveway last week i looked down at my wifes mercedes door. Bingo!! The door chromes are almost a direct match. The length & profile will work perfect on our doors. The chrome moldings are sided, so the MBZ drivers door will work on the passenger interior of the coupe. The MBZ passenger will work on the drivers interior door. On most of are coupes, these moldings are typically bent, broken or missing. I think this might be a solution. My parts guy at MBZ is getting part #'s & pricing for the pieces. Should have an answer on monday.

IMG_0960.jpg

srennoc

Reaction score
I have been looking for a solution for the interior door chrome pieces for the last several years. Hoping mobile tradition would reproduce the pieces. As of today they are still not available. Walking out to the driveway last week i looked down at my wifes mercedes door. Bingo!! The door chromes are almost a direct match. The length & profile will work perfect on our doors. The chrome moldings are sided, so the MBZ drivers door will work on the passenger interior of the coupe. The MBZ passenger will work on the drivers interior door. On most of are coupes, these moldings are typically bent, broken or missing. I think this might be a solution. My parts guy at MBZ is getting part #'s & pricing for the pieces. Should have an answer on monday.

IMG_0960.jpg

jhjacobs

Reaction score
It would be amusing if the E9 crowd exhausted the MBZ North America inventory of these chrome bits! I can almost hear the discussion in their supply chain meeting as they wonder what in the world in going on. :twisted:

jhjacobs

Reaction score
It would be amusing if the E9 crowd exhausted the MBZ North America inventory of these chrome bits! I can almost hear the discussion in their supply chain meeting as they wonder what in the world in going on. :twisted:

jcat

Reaction score
I have also been trying to come up with a solution for that trim. I hope they can be purchased without as just the trim but I doubt it. I've got my fingers crossed

jcat

Reaction score
I have also been trying to come up with a solution for that trim. I hope they can be purchased without as just the trim but I doubt it. I've got my fingers crossed

srennoc

Reaction score
Talked to the parts counter at MBZ today. The part #'s are 124-698-1480-Left & 124-698-1380-Right. The good news is they are available as a separate strip. The bad news is that they list for $101.52 Ea. They are in the US and can be delivered in 2 days to the dealer. I will check with SSF tomorrow on better pricing. You should also be able to find these at local pick-n-pull for cheap. Any 90-93 124 series MBZ front doors will have them.

srennoc

Reaction score
Talked to the parts counter at MBZ today. The part #'s are 124-698-1480-Left & 124-698-1380-Right. The good news is they are available as a separate strip. The bad news is that they list for $101.52 Ea. They are in the US and can be delivered in 2 days to the dealer. I will check with SSF tomorrow on better pricing. You should also be able to find these at local pick-n-pull for cheap. Any 90-93 124 series MBZ front doors will have them.