Door sealing

Reaction score
I wondering if anyone had an alternative to buying new door sealings, they go for 230 EUR each in walloth, just got my cs back after over a year in the shop and it has no door sealing!!! any help will be greatly appreciated!

jmackro

Reaction score
I replaced the lower portion of the seal - the part that goes against the door - with McMaster-Carr p/n 1120A231 See: http://www.mcmaster.com/#1120a231/=591n8l At $1.73/ft it is essentially free as compared with the BMW part. I bought 25' which was about 50% more than I needed.

This probably won't work for the upper part of the seal, which goes against the windwing and the glass. I am assuming that the upper part has a different profile - fortunately, that part of the seal was still in decent shape on my coupe, and I never pulled it out. But hey, noodle around the McMaster-Carr website - they probably have something that will substitute for the upper part of the seal too.

Attachments

• e9 door seal.gif
    e9 door seal.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 236

damienh

Reaction score
That site is an excellent resource Jay, thanks for posting it. Perhaps someone could report back if they have any success with matching any rubber ?