Door seals

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
What are the best sources for complete door seals? I'm missing parts on the driver's side,and the passenger side is not is great shape either.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have bought "rubber bits" from that EBay seller and all is good. He/she has offered to work with me on combined shipping etc. Customer care is a priority (BTW, No affiliation).

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Hi, This eBay seller is Stefan Ries (he also used to go by the name jamboo5) and his WEB Site is https://www.bmw-oldtimerteile.de/
He has made remanufactured parts for Coupes for a while. I personally have had great experiences with his parts. I think many others here have bought parts from him in the past.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was reading this thread with interest, and disappointment when I saw the price of the door seals. I started hunting around and revisited a site (Steel Rubber Products) that I visited previously because they had something close to our door seals. The new version I tried was much closer to what I was looking for and so I present this information for those who would rather spend about 100.00+- than 4-8 hundred. I have pictures below, but there are actually a couple advantages (I think) besides price. First, you don't have to glue anything, also, the chrome door sill strip seems to fit a little better and on the back side where so many of us are missing the specially formed end piece, you can push the seal up so it looks pretty good- Only HBChris could tell it's not proper :).. Warning, it does not include the forward solid rubber butt-plug little thing but if you were missing that this seal does cover a multitude of sins-so to speak. Anyhow, here is the webpage:
https://www.steelerubber.com/thin-side-lip-push-on-seal-70-3801-99
and here are my pictures;

Attachments

• door seal7.jpg
    door seal7.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 569
  • door seal8.jpg
    door seal8.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 603
  • door seal5.jpg
    door seal5.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 552
  • door seal6.jpg
    door seal6.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 539
  • door seal3.jpg
    door seal3.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 531
  • door seal4.jpg
    door seal4.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 540
  • door seal1.jpg
    door seal1.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 537
  • door seal2.jpg
    door seal2.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 552

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is great, how is the fit when closing the door? Do you have to slam it like with the real new ones?

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The door closes perfectly, I think better than with the stock seals. It has a more solid feel and no difficulty at all. I did show (or try to) the door gap as evidence that there was no additional force needed to close the door and the lines matched up as normal.

Simon_D

Reaction score
I was reading this thread with interest, and disappointment when I saw the price of the door seals. I started hunting around and revisited a site (Steel Rubber Products) that I visited previously because they had something close to our door seals. The new version I tried was much closer to what I was looking for and so I present this information for those who would rather spend about 100.00+- than 4-8 hundred. I have pictures below, but there are actually a couple advantages (I think) besides price. First, you don't have to glue anything, also, the chrome door sill strip seems to fit a little better and on the back side where so many of us are missing the specially formed end piece, you can push the seal up so it looks pretty good- Only HBChris could tell it's not proper :).. Warning, it does not include the forward solid rubber butt-plug little thing but if you were missing that this seal does cover a multitude of sins-so to speak. Anyhow, here is the webpage:
Hi Peter,

I see your order was for 20 feet of this seal. Did you use that much? Just want to order the right quantity. Thanks in advance

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Peter! I'm waking this thread up as I'm faced with a torn lower door seal from the recent movie shooting. I could tell they removed it and put it back poorly as the screws were all lose. No the door doesn't close without more torque than usual. Are you happy with this solution and did you order 20 feet? It seems that the trim applies just below the quarter window in a U shape along the bottom door frame and then up just below the rear window area? Thanks, Peter

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Peter too busy working on his car, that’s ok. I found upper and lower driver side oem set for $200 and just bought that….