Door Stopper

wasatch

Reaction score
Hi All-

Evidently, as evidenced by a new dings, i'm missing the 'door stop' devices that prevent the driver and passenger door from swinging out to 180 degrees and nailing the body/anything in their path (1 new dents to prove it). I'm curious: what part (s) do i need that my car is missing for the door to not swing wildly open to 180. There is some tie or some sort of thing that I can't reference that was originally there and attached to the metal bracket on the inside of the door frames...

Thanks!

George301

Reaction score
Door brake

I need to undertake this little project too, but I notice LaJolla does not currently have the door brakes, part# 51 21 1 819 364 (and they are $95). I read the link above, and it certainly provides good info. Did anyone have success in the end with a Mercedes part or alternate BMW part?

Thanks
George

gdub0717

Site Donor
Reaction score
Perfect!

Chris;
Wanted to thank you for your post!
These work perfectly.
I would recommend these to replace the originals.

Pulled the old ones out. They had a plastic sleeve in the side that takes the pin. Pried it open and the sleeve came out with no problem.
The outside diameter of the plastic sleeve was to large for the Mercedes pin hole.
Spent a little time with a dremel grinding wheel and shaved a small amount off the outside of the sleeve then tapped it in the Mercedes door stop.

Other then that it mounted perfectly.
Just ordered a second for the passenger!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-R1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item231bc1560e&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

pmansson

Reaction score
New ones are longer

The last ones I bought from W&N were longer than what they and Nelson used to have. W&M say that this is the replacement part from BMW. As it is longer, it allows the door to open virtually 90deg, where the final lock position and stop is. It looks scary as the door edge is very close to the fender side, but it works. I suppose if you push the door really hard forward, it will touch. I have it one door, but will change to the shorter one if they reappear on the market.

ChevyHoe

Reaction score
I just mounted this one, and it was a perfect fit with minor modifications:

Mercedes: 123 720 05 16
Meyle: 014 072 0034

Read the full post in this thread - page 4