Door Trim Info

gte619n

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm talking about the rubber piece that starts at the bottom of the a-pillar and goes up and around the window frame. It goes between the body of the car and the window when the door is shut.

I believe it is #8 in the diag-OHMYGOD$400

Attachments

• diag_f1u.jpg
    diag_f1u.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 109

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that piece is actually 3 pieces. it runs along the sill and up the A pillar as one piece. then there is a funny shaped trim piece near the line of the dash ... then it transitions to another piece that runs along the top edge of the door window - stopping where the rear window starts.

if you just need the piece that fits along the window, i have a spare brand new one for the passenger side, and one that has had very little use on the drivers side. price will be reasonable

i bought both of the full weatherstrips because i needed the bottom pieces.

gte619n

Reaction score
Ah okay. The car is currently at my upholstery guy getting a little tune up in the console. He deals with a number of cars* there so I'll see if he might know a substitute.

I'd really like to find something that is made of the more flexible material rather than rubber. I don't like having to get a running start to close the door!

*He's currently working on a ~'55 Bentley Saloon. The thing is the size of a mini-van and requires a herd of cattle to retrim. It's awesome.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Options

There is no substitude for rubber thats why they make tires of it
no brainer
the only other thing is foam
but it doesnt do well with water yoiu have to use rubber
I HAVE AN EXTRA BRAND NEW #13 FOR THE DRIVER SIDE IF ANYONE NEEDS IT

gte619n

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Would anyone be able to take a couple of pictures and measurements for #8 in their car. I still have been unable to source an original and am going to contact some of the aftermarket guys to see if they have one that matches or maybe could even do a small run for us.

The window is sort of knocking into the metal at speed and I'd really like to get SOMETHING in that channel.

Thanks!

E

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Guys,

Is any one out there actually running their car with part number 13 in place and if so is there any difference in sound levels inside, also a photo or two of it would help, both the profile and position ideally.

Cheers. John

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Would anyone be able to take a couple of pictures and measurements for #8 in their car. I still have been unable to source an original and am going to contact some of the aftermarket guys to see if they have one that matches or maybe could even do a small run for us.

The window is sort of knocking into the metal at speed and I'd really like to get SOMETHING in that channel.

Thanks!

E
Evan,

i will repeat, do you just need the top piece (from the top of the dash to the front of the rear window)? or do you need the entire run from the back of the door sill to the front of the rear window?

as i mentioned, there are 3 pieces. the piece that is even with the dash is a funny shaped piece that is about 5" long +/- ... it is the transition between the lower piece and the upper piece.

gte619n

Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

I'm looking for item #8 from the diagram. It's the strip that starts at the base of the A-pillar, travels up the a-pillar around the top of the window and looks like it stops around the rear window.

Any measurements or pictures would be great. I'd like to get a substitute that's made out of the new, high tech rubber that isn't as stiff as the older type. My door is pretty fragile as is!

Thanks,

E