E12 owner

JelmerE12-E28

Reaction score
Goodday!

I'm Jelmer from the Netherlands. I do not own a E9 but a E12 with the same engine as the 2800cs. I've rebuild the Zenith carburetors and having some trouble with it. Because the E12 in the US always had injection I came to this place for some advice on Zenith carbs!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome Jelmer! If you do not own an E9 you will be charged for advice at the rate of $50 a question. This first one is free.

The E12 was said to be the best BMW ever made, but then again I hear that about many models, except that this opinion came from BMW engineers and execs. I find the ride quality very similar to the E9.

I am more familiar with the Pierburg 4A1 carb on a 6 cylinder 520. I assume you have dual carbs, right?

The E12 carb guru I hear about is Ulrich Thieme who runs the http://www.e12.de/primary/01001l20.htm site.

Last edited:

JelmerE12-E28

Reaction score
The E12 was said to be the best BMW ever made, but then again I hear that about many models, except that this opinion came from BMW engineers and execs. I fing the ride quality very similar to the E9.
Well, I own a E12 and a E28 and in a couple of ways the E12 is better. The doors feel heavier and close beter, especialy the rears. Also, in stock form the E12 drives better and feels more solid.

Altough, I like both just like all big BMW's from the 70's and 80's.