e12 site?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I went on the site and heard the crickets chirping. I sent an email to "contact us", but don't really expect to hear back.....I was restoring a set of door wood pieces, and needed some attachment clips, and a recommendation on where best to sell when complete...couldn't just let them go to the dumpster. Save the stray dogs. The e12 is another car that I love, but don't need; such a successful design silhouette by Bracq/Gandini with smaller bumpers.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’ve really grown to love mine and it’s just an automatic.
0E79102F-9AA6-4A9D-AFA1-AEAFDDE7074B.jpeg

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I suspect our e12 brethren are men of few words.
Fortunately the cars speak for themselves (when you can find a nice one like Chris’s)

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have an M535i that I love. Any e12 is a great car. A site for M535s but has alot of other e12 interest is M535 Car Count on Facebook.

Attachments

• SANY0889.JPG
    SANY0889.JPG
    458.1 KB · Views: 99

gmonsen

Reaction score
I suspect our e12 brethren are men of few words.
Fortunately the cars speak for themselves (when you can find a nice one like Chris’s)

I won this auction. Its a real survivor. Barely has patina. I found a new set of OEM European bumpers going on and found some new and used original horsehair front seat pads. The seat vinyl looks pretty good, but a bit worn. Will either clean these up enough or get some new ones from World Upholstery and live with the reast of the interior looking a bit more faded than the front seats. It is sitting next to my e30 m3.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I remember my first drive in an e12 it was with my dad on his way back from purchasing it in 1977 from Continental Motors in Stamford CT., it was also my dads first foreign car. He was NOT a car guy... but he never bought another American car.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I won this auction. Its a real survivor. Barely has patina. I found a new set of OEM European bumpers going on and found some new and used original horsehair front seat pads. The seat vinyl looks pretty good, but a bit worn. Will either clean these up enough or get some new ones from World Upholstery and live with the reast of the interior looking a bit more faded than the front seats. It is sitting next to my e30 m3.
Malaga is such a great, and rare, color for an e12. I have a 79 528i that has 98K miles and I am the second owner. I have a rebuilt BMW axial A/C compressor should you need one. They are unique to the 74 e9 and the e12/e24 thru 1981 only. BMW no longer sells the one part needed in a rebuild that generally breaks when disassembling.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Our old friend Murray Fowler taught me that our German vinyl is very durable, so scrub away...seats and door pcs. You may be surprised. The car looks great, as Chris said.

gmonsen

Reaction score
Malaga is such a great, and rare, color for an e12. I have a 79 528i that has 98K miles and I am the second owner. I have a rebuilt BMW axial A/C compressor should you need one. They are unique to the 74 e9 and the e12/e24 thru 1981 only. BMW no longer sells the one part needed in a rebuild that generally breaks when disassembling.

Thanks, Chris. I am just going through things on the car. Air is not cold, but blows. Am searching for a can of R12. Have one somewhere. Will ping you if the compressor is bad. Thanks, much.

gmonsen

Reaction score
Our old friend Murray Fowler taught me that our German vinyl is very durable, so scrub away...seats and door pcs. You may be surprised. The car looks great, as Chris said.

Yes. Very durable at least in the Mercedes MB Tex(?) and BMW vinyls of the 60's and 70's. After that, everything was leather over here. I have a bunch of vinyl cleaning products and will just start rubbing. :)