E24 into E9?

Malc

Reaction score
Quick question
Will the interior seats , front and rear, and carpet from a early E24 (6 series) fit, without too many modifications into an e9?
Thanks
Malc

Malc

Reaction score
Quick question
Will the interior seats , front and rear, and carpet from a early E24 (6 series) fit, without too many modifications into an e9?
Thanks
Malc

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From my experience you do not want the E24 comfort seats and the E24 sport seats are hard to get. Do you already have a good donor lined up?

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From my experience you do not want the E24 comfort seats and the E24 sport seats are hard to get. Do you already have a good donor lined up?

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
I don't think this will be easy.

I think that the front seats can be adapted to the E9 rails, but the rear seats have a different rear shape which would have to be modified. I suspect that the overall shape of the rear seats is different enough from the E9 that they will require modification of the E9 panels that fit around them.

I think the molded carpet in the 6 will be difficult to make work in the E9.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
I don't think this will be easy.

I think that the front seats can be adapted to the E9 rails, but the rear seats have a different rear shape which would have to be modified. I suspect that the overall shape of the rear seats is different enough from the E9 that they will require modification of the E9 panels that fit around them.

I think the molded carpet in the 6 will be difficult to make work in the E9.

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
Hey Malc, There's a guy called Gearoid who runs a CS around Ireland with white E24 Seats, had a look at the installation and its do-able and looks Neat.
My 79 635 rusting Hulk seats look as if they could fit quite easily too but I think the seats from 1982 on will be more of a mision.
I'm scrolling through the Club runs as there were some pics of Gearoids car, will forward the link as soon as I find them

Daxklynsmith

Reaction score
Hey Malc, There's a guy called Gearoid who runs a CS around Ireland with white E24 Seats, had a look at the installation and its do-able and looks Neat.
My 79 635 rusting Hulk seats look as if they could fit quite easily too but I think the seats from 1982 on will be more of a mision.
I'm scrolling through the Club runs as there were some pics of Gearoids car, will forward the link as soon as I find them

Orangener

Reaction score
Translation via google of a thread from the german forum, i hope you understand:

I have these seats (of a E24 built 82) installed in a CS for 3 times .

In front you have to make adapter to the original consoles of the E24, the CS seat adjustment must be weld to the E24 because he seats are narrower.

Depending on how big you are, you can use flat-iron or profile.
In the rear there are 2 possibilities.

The simple way is that you are the projecting portions of the E24 have to be peeled off and cut a large hole in the place where the CS has the the wheelhouse, do it with aJigsaw.

These holes you can close with fiberglass mats again.

In this variant, the shells look over the back shelf about 5 cm, because the E24 seats are slightly higher.

Better way but more complex, you remove the hard shell of the original seat and the seat of the E24, and build the leather with the sub-feeding into the original CS shell.

Than in the upper section the leather is a bit lower, and it is no longer slightly higher.

Then the leather glued with Pattex or similar adhesive force back on the stick pan and it looks almost original.

The middle funds armrest do not fit from the E24.

Use to tke the original of the CS to take effect.

The total workload was approximately 8-10 hours.

Original -Link: http://www.bmw-cscoupe.com/forum/showentry.php?sNo=14029

Orangener

Reaction score
Translation via google of a thread from the german forum, i hope you understand:

I have these seats (of a E24 built 82) installed in a CS for 3 times .

In front you have to make adapter to the original consoles of the E24, the CS seat adjustment must be weld to the E24 because he seats are narrower.

Depending on how big you are, you can use flat-iron or profile.
In the rear there are 2 possibilities.

The simple way is that you are the projecting portions of the E24 have to be peeled off and cut a large hole in the place where the CS has the the wheelhouse, do it with aJigsaw.

These holes you can close with fiberglass mats again.

In this variant, the shells look over the back shelf about 5 cm, because the E24 seats are slightly higher.

Better way but more complex, you remove the hard shell of the original seat and the seat of the E24, and build the leather with the sub-feeding into the original CS shell.

Than in the upper section the leather is a bit lower, and it is no longer slightly higher.

Then the leather glued with Pattex or similar adhesive force back on the stick pan and it looks almost original.

The middle funds armrest do not fit from the E24.

Use to tke the original of the CS to take effect.

The total workload was approximately 8-10 hours.

Original -Link: http://www.bmw-cscoupe.com/forum/showentry.php?sNo=14029

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
8 to 10 hours Orangener is a lot of work! I just tried a new approach on my E24, instals in minutes, great driving position, 11 way adjustable, and comes in various colors:

recaro1.jpg

recaro2.jpg

recaro3.jpg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
8 to 10 hours Orangener is a lot of work! I just tried a new approach on my E24, instals in minutes, great driving position, 11 way adjustable, and comes in various colors:

recaro1.jpg

recaro2.jpg

recaro3.jpg

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Weren't you warned not to buy stuff off ebay sight unseen?
Next time check the feedback before bidding.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Weren't you warned not to buy stuff off ebay sight unseen?
Next time check the feedback before bidding.