E3 Caliper/front rotors desperately needed

Haseeb

Reaction score
Might move this to the e3 forum if more appropriate, but for the life of me I cannot find solid front rotors or a rear left caliper anywhere anymore. It's particularly frustrating when companies like Carid and Summit and Amazon tell me they have the part, take my money, and then email me a week later saying they have no idea when/if they could send it to me. I am just trying to get this car running man....

Car: 1972 Bavaria 3.0 Auto

What I need is :
2 solid front rotors (272 mm/10.7 inch diameter)
Rear left caliper (driver side)
a metric ton of tylenol

Anyone selling or know where I can get these? A nice member here mentioned Ireland Engineering but they are kinda pricey and I have no idea how long it would take so it's a last resort

73tiiguy

Reaction score
Might move this to the e3 forum if more appropriate, but for the life of me I cannot find solid front rotors or a rear left caliper anywhere anymore. It's particularly frustrating when companies like Carid and Summit and Amazon tell me they have the part, take my money, and then email me a week later saying they have no idea when/if they could send it to me. I am just trying to get this car running man....

Car: 1972 Bavaria 3.0 Auto

What I need is :
2 solid front rotors (272 mm/10.7 inch diameter)
Rear left caliper (driver side)
a metric ton of tylenol

Anyone selling or know where I can get these? A nice member here mentioned Ireland Engineering but they are kinda pricey and I have no idea how long it would take so it's a last resort

Try rock auto - Rotors/discs they have, but it doesn't look as though they have a left rear caliper though.. You should unless it's completely rusted away rebuild your rear caliper.

Also, you can use the rear calipers off of any E12 car - search your local junk yards.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/bmw,1973,bavaria,3.0l+l6,1013140,brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor,1896

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why are you sticking with unvented?
Get a set of e12 based 635 csi calipers and join the 21st century.
I assure you that unvented rotors can be found.......
The small calipers are tougher.....
image.jpg

Haseeb

Reaction score
Why are you sticking with unvented?
Get a set of e12 based 635 csi calipers and join the 21st century.
I assure you that unvented rotors can be found.......
The small calipers are tougher.....View attachment 45989
So if I get those e12 calipers they will accept vented discs? I had no idea tbh! Unfortunately since I bought the ones I currently have a few months ago from Rockauto, I doubt they would accept a return

Haseeb

Reaction score
Try rock auto - Rotors/discs they have, but it doesn't look as though they have a left rear caliper though.. You should unless it's completely rusted away rebuild your rear caliper.

Also, you can use the rear calipers off of any E12 car - search your local junk yards.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/bmw,1973,bavaria,3.0l+l6,1013140,brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor,1896
The Raybestos one does not fit unfortunately (I bought one earlier to personally test it) and they say they have the ACDelco ones but it won't actually let you buy them once in cart. Fingers crossed as I try another vendor on amazon though!

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a rear left caliper from a 3.0CS if it will work. It's vented, but you can remove the spacer to convert it to a solid rotor, I believe (I've done it the other way around.) It will need to be rebuilt.

Haseeb

Reaction score
Did you want the set?

I have a rear left caliper from a 3.0CS if it will work. It's vented, but you can remove the spacer to convert it to a solid rotor, I believe (I've done it the other way around.) It will need to be rebuilt.

nah its okay guys, I appreciate the offers a ton but thankfully I got a caliper from Mesa yesterday!