E3 Hood Liner

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not real attractive but that is just me.
Perhaps an acquired taste from the Italian side of things automotive of the past, but clearly, someone made a set sometime, or there would be no pictures. Probably just a one-off.

Always liked the idea of a set like this in black made from the traditional fire-retardant foils and glass-fibre with Nomex thread for greater effectiveness than foam, but custom is likely more than a bit pricey and, in the end, probably not Teutonic enough of a look even with the Bertone in the bloodline.

Foil & Nomex hood pad ref.jpg

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I apologize for my snarky comment. If we all liked only what I like, it would be a pretty boring hobby. :(

It does remind me of the late 50's, early 60's custom show cars where everything got upholstery...including the wheel wells and under the hood...

CCC-ralph-weflen-sectioned-55-ford-03.jpg

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
I apologize for my snarky comment. If we all liked only what I like, it would be a pretty boring hobby. :(

It does remind me of the late 50's, early 60's custom show cars where everything got upholstery...including the wheel wells and under the hood...
No offense taken. Although the Italian brothel owner might protest that the look was not really of French origin.

I do wonder about the heat/fire retardant quality of the foam most use for a hood pad though.

Nice example on the photo. Almost looks like they upholstered the entire engine compartment!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think that Dick was referring to the waiting room of a Hong Kong brothel. How about a headliner in that material? Or a quilt for the Airstream bed.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Seriously, at the C&C that is part of the New Hope Auto show this morning I was taking photos of my buddy's tii with the factory correct three-piece foam. I would like to get some for Lilli my cherry 76 2002. Any thoughts?

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am still left wondering how Dick knows what the anteroom of a French brothel looks like.
Having that bit of info is one thing...but knowing the difference between French and Hong Kong brothels like Steve does is at a completely different level.

;)

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Trust me.

Joke about a Hong Kong brothel circa 1955. Appreciated by the over 55 crowd only.

Two sailors coming down the steps to the waiting room of a Hong Kong brothel. One says to the other, " Yeah, but two hours later you're horney again."

Anyone see the subtle racism in this over heated politically correct climate?

Hint. As Mick wails, "I can't get no satisfaction."