E3 Radio Speaker-NOW A GROUP BUY!

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your setup would only be good for baseball games and news broadcasts.
Chris, this statement exactly sums up the reasons that I always want a terrestrial radio in my car. One summer I drove from College Station, TX to State College, PA (and then, unplanned, kept going till I hit Brooklyn) in my first E9. I stayed the night in St. Louis and then continued on my way to PA. In one day of driving I managed to pickup games on the radio from the Reds, Indians and Pirates. I didn't get to hear any complete games, but it was a great way to pass the miles.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Chris, this statement exactly sums up the reasons that I always want a terrestrial radio in my car. One summer I drove from College Station, TX to State College, PA (and then, unplanned, kept going till I hit Brooklyn) in my first E9. I stayed the night in St. Louis and then continued on my way to PA. In one day of driving I managed to pickup games on the radio from the Reds, Indians and Pirates. I didn't get to hear any complete games, but it was a great way to pass the miles.
With the right announcer, there’s nothing like baseball on the radio.
This might be the greatest half inning in sports broadcasting history:
And I hate the Dodgers.
To Dick and all our friends abroad sorry for hijacking this thread. After vintage BMWs baseball is another passion.

Last edited:

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@alprada70 and I will be doing a group buy on the speakers in the first post in this thread.

The speakers are 24.96 GBP each or $31.59. If we order 10 or more speakers there will be a 10% discount on each.

Shipping is a flat rate of 55 GBP or $69.61 for up to 50 speakers.

They will be bulk shipped to Miami and Alvaro's relative will ship the orders from there. Each individual will reimburse the postage cost only for the shipment to their home.

Example...If we can get orders for 10, each speaker will cost $28.43 and shipping from England will be $6.96. Shipping to you from Miami will be variable depending on location. This is only an example. There could be fewer ordered resulting in a higher cost to you.

This is a great alternative if you want to run a period correct mono radio, but would also work as the front speaker of a stereo radio with the second speaker in an enclosure on the rear shelf.

Send me a PM by December 29 indicating how many speakers you want. Once we know how many speakers are ordered I'll let you know how much you owe. Please be sure you want the speaker(s) when you order no matter what your final cost may be. You can order through December 29th and I'll get back to you with your total by the 1st of January. I can take payment via PayPal.

PM me if you want to place an order. Please don't add your order to this thread.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Guys and Gals, I am attaching the most famous automobile review ever written. BMW should have paid David E Davis a royalty on every 2002 they ever sold.

A masterpiece of automobila Prose. I re-read it regularly. So why am I here extolling the virtues of his Hymn to BMW? Because Davis ends his review savaging the Blaupunkt radio in his test cars. Blaupunkt never advertised in his Rag again, so the legend goes.

Most of the Blaupunkt and Becker radios in my 11 BMW classics either didn't work or I never turned them on. They were period correct, period. I listen to the engine, the transmission, the road noise. And the whistle of the wind past the sometimes old and deteriorating rubber gaskets. Anything else is a distraction.

Steve

Spot on! my 2002 has no radio or speakers and no plans to put one in the 2800. The exhaust and the wind are my music as well.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the last day to commit for a speaker. We have reached 10 units ordered so the 10% discount from the supplier kicks in!

PM me if you want a speaker

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@eriknetherlands I don't know if it fits an E9 and I should have checked before we did the group buy. The specs for the speaker we are ordering are in the first post. Can you check these specs against a stock E9 speaker if you have one or at least against the mounting points if yours is missing?

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Fairly sure the E3 speaker does not fit the E9
Those looking for a stock E9 speaker might want to check the supplier where we found the E3 one...

Just give them the critical dimensions and see what they can come up with.

Last edited:

alprada70

http://www.oilsdesigngroup.com/
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello
The box arrived today.

Attachments

• 7FB7BA10-8366-4CBE-8710-67E9AB6A3DE0.jpeg
    7FB7BA10-8366-4CBE-8710-67E9AB6A3DE0.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 30
  • D1AEC4B2-AC10-4066-A6F8-511A34CF73EC.jpeg
    D1AEC4B2-AC10-4066-A6F8-511A34CF73EC.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 8DEA9BFB-2E4C-4B7A-BCD0-B3FBE3FC805E.jpeg
    8DEA9BFB-2E4C-4B7A-BCD0-B3FBE3FC805E.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 34

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for handling this Dick. I may break my pledge and install a working Becker europa in my Bavaria and hook it up the the new original speaker.
No bluetooth or amps, just the original 72 sound. David E. Davis would love it.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. This was Alvaro's idea and he has done/is doing at least half the work. I have to admit that this was an easy group to work with and everything went smoothly. Thanks to all that perticipated.

mtiger_dds

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had always assumed my center speaker didn't work, but alas, when I removed the grill this morning- I have no center speaker. There's a blank in the dash under the grill molded in the shape of a speaker. D'oh! :D

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I’m sorry I missed this! If anyone else missed the boat let me know and maybe we can do another group buy (or mini buy).

Slightly off topic, but for shipments from “the continent”, I use MyGermany. They are great. It’s more than just a German PO Box. They’ll even combine shipments into one package (to save you money) for free. In this case, it would be more to ship from the UK to them and then here. But, in many cases they have saved me lots of $$$.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@AustinOski The speakers received turned out not to match the dimensions in the online catalog. The company did refund all our money, but the speakers are not a drop in replacement for the stock speaker. They have updated the entry in their catalog...

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Oh, bummer. Thanks for letting me know. I missed that in this thread. I’ve not even looked at my speaker, just assuming the worst. There is no sound. But, that could also be because there were wiring changes. There are some old TEAC speakers mounted on the parcel shelf and a cutoff switch for them in the footwell (why?). Great for news and baseball games, like the car’s original speaker. Not sure of the vintage of those speakers, but they seem to be (vintage).