E3 SI on Ebay

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Except for luggage rack, it has everything you'd want...

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would call this car a 3.0s...not a Bavaria, but the owner's manual is titled Bavaria 3.0s

No price on the dealer's web site.

Although you'd expect rust in a rust belt car like this one, it has too much rust and repaired rust for me.

It is clearly a US spec car (bumpers, Hoffman paperwork) but I had aways thought that '74 US E3s were fuel injected.

Last edited:

otter74

Reaction score
Too much rust? Where did you see it? Looks fine from my browse through the photos. Luggage rack looks terrible, but the paint looks badly applied so if I had it I'd probably just plug the holes and live with the paint. I don't mind 'meh' paint as it's so expensive to do well and doesn't really increase my enjoyment of a car.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Too much rust? Where did you see it?
100.jpg

98.jpg
97.jpg

99.jpg

101.jpg

otter74

Reaction score
Aja, I see. Was that whole frame rail patched?

I haven't seen a set of Michelin MXLs since the 90s, which is how long those tires have been on the car.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's one more showing both front support rails rotted out...
86.jpg

For Cleveland, this is probably not considered badly rusted. But not only is what is showing going to be difficult and/or expensive to repair, but what isn't showing needs to be found and fixed also. The big crack in the dash is another item that is tough to deal with. There are not any inexpensive replacement dashes and replacing one is several weeks work.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A naive ebay buyer will be stiffed for sure at any price. Sad when they turn up like this.

mtiger_dds

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think that car is an Ohio native, although I'm not 100% positive. That dealership gets interesting cars from all over, and unfortunately most aren't in great shape. He had one E3 a few years ago that had been in a flood. I remember seeing the pictures of it on various sites and FB pages when it was in NY (I think) before making its way down here.

Check out the rest of the inventory. He has an Espada, my favorite quirky car of all time!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
ended an "error in the listing."

the only thing missing froma BHCC type auction is the crack in the concrete floor.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would call this car a 3.0s...not a Bavaria, but the owner's manual is titled Bavaria 3.0s

No price on the dealer's web site.

Although you'd expect rust in a rust belt car like this one, it has too much rust and repaired rust for me.

It is clearly a US spec car (bumpers, Hoffman paperwork) but I had aways thought that '74 US E3s were fuel injected.

My bad, I didn't look at the photos from the dealer's website to see the rust/rust repair. Any time I see a e3 with good colors, great options, and it's a manual - I get a little excited.