e3 trunk trim piece needed

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am looking for the vinyl trunk piece that cover the interior back part of the trunk and goes around the running lights. I need the new piece as my Bavaria is a 1972. I don't what the differences are.

Contact me by PM or at: [email protected]

thanks,

Steve

Attachments

• 20230627_212819_resized (1).jpg
    20230627_212819_resized (1).jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 41

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's "pressboard" or cardboard, not molded plastic

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
There are two different ones. One for the early "big" tail light E3s and one for the later cars. Your 72 with the smaller tail lights would take the later one. CS Werk makes them but it was my experience that he won't ship to the US due to the high cost. You might check again. @alprada70 sells both styles. I have one of his in my car (the picture you show). The usual Alvaro high quality. Shipping is expensive due to the odd size. Maybe team up with another forum member to spread the shipping cost?

I think this piece was one of the first to be damaged/ruined in the trunk as the cars aged. I'd say virtually all are either damaged beyond being useable or most likely missing. If an E3 still has an original, the rest of the car is likely in excellent condition and the owner isn't going to part with this piece.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree on all counts Dick. I have seen Alvaro's piece, excellent repro and we have talked cost. Unfortunately, my piece is the newer and he only has the older here in the States.
Shipping is the big holdup. So I am going to continue searching. If nothing turns up I will probably return to Alvaro.

Steve