e3-wiper motor shared with any later models?

Buffarea

Reaction score
I need a wiper motor, and if it is shared with anything from 1981 on, I have a chance of getting it from a local boneyard.
Somebody please, lemme hear ya say YES!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
RealOEM says wiper motor part # 61611359804 is unique to e3 and e9 only. You can look up any part number and find the vehicle cross reference, pretty neat.

pmansson

Reaction score
I have had every one serviced an auto-electricity shop. About 20$ for the job. Entails checking/measuring the carbon bits, cleaning, oiling and greasing where appropriate.
They seem to be very long lasting parts !!

The ground spade contact has 2 alternative places. Or is it just that one or two of my motors were originally mounted on other cars than the E9?
Doesn´t really matter as the wire from the loom is long enough for either position.

Buffarea

Reaction score
Successful wiper MacGiverism!

Ok so since the wiper flaked out it has rained daily and the rainX is only so useful. I took the wiper motor apart and checked connections,brushes,lube etc. and tried it again-not happening.
Yesterday I went to the local pick&pull and looked under every hood that I thought may have a Bosch wiper motor and finally setteled on that from a 81 MB 240 for $15.00. (the BMW motor is on the right)This wiper is identical and the part numbers on the 2 motors is only one digit different, and that difference is in the position of the gearbox being a mirror image of mine,also minus the rubber vibration damper on the motor body. Next I put some spade terminals on the MB unit to make sure it worked.
So today I seperated the 2 side by side, and after a few careful measurements found one internal difference which is the MB armeture has a small circlip where it protrudes into the gearbox box body. I swapped the new motor body and armeture into my gearbox, (leaving the circlip out). It took literally 1/2 hour from start to finish and it works great!
Sorry I did not take better picks but the lower pic shows the circlip in the pliers.
http://
100_7880.jpg

http://
100_7888.jpg