E9 Alpina B2 restoration in Spain

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
that is good progress federico !
as to the brake calipers, the whole setup is standard stock for the 3.0 coupe
regards
BTW, front strut shows backing plate missing, that is a round plate that prevents dirt comming into the brake disk and caliper, you must find one !
check it here,

Hello deQuincey,
Are the rear brakes vented in the standard 3.0csi model?
thanks ,
Fred

hi. in my case, stock 3.0 CS dated 1971, yes !

190120075873_zps23529d4d.jpg
[/URL]

federico

Reaction score
fast evolution (though bad photo definition)

The doors fit perfectly! one of the worries was distortion but we seem to have been able to prevent it.
I expecto to be painting un two weeks. The photos are bad ones (even though the come via an iPhone 5). the car seen in the background is a XK8 donor, used to fix a XK8 convertible. Another tremendous portuguese job.

federico

Reaction score
5th week Coming into shape

Another trip to Portugal. things are coming along well. Still, it will take twice as long as projected. the chassis hasn't been sand blasted, and only then will we see all little details that may be hidden. Only when everything is structurally sound can we move and invert the car to have an accessible position to fully clean the whole structure. Meanwhile, and piece by piece, every rusted part is being substituted. the lower side of the car will be 1.2 mm galvanized steel, that hopefully will last forever….
DSC_8343_zpsfb2b6880.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

federico

Reaction score
Fascinating project, look forward to the photographic progress.

I need to repaint my E24, it would be great to host Lolo for that as soon as he is done with the Fukujima B2, pardon me I mean Alpina B2, the car front end triggered some associations.

Peru has incredible craftsmen, I brought a carved mate and a silver knife. Machu Picchu rocks were too heavy to bring home. Damn airlines and their weight restrictions.
As you now, they are now proceding with more serious work in fukujima. It seems the more they dig, the more radioactivity they find! But the good news is that the hard part is over, now comes the expensive part. I have to order all rubbers, front windscreen and a zillion of small bits..$$$$$. I am speaking with a company that makes rubber seals by meters…when I get prices I might order some meters. I will inform of the quality and cost, as we may get seals at decent price. I will also have advice on the possibility to install betters seals. Seal that would fit perfectly and do their job better. The industry of seals has advanced a lot since the car was built and it s very import an to improve this area to prevent internal rumor and buzz when going fast. It´s a noisy car and one objective is to soundproof it as much as possible…so you can hear the music better.
Ill be post in next weekend more photos. Project "chassis" will be done before christmass and it will be sprayed in january ,
¿What color? MAybe Radioactive Green...