E9 Alpina B3 3.0 CSL

IMSA-CSL

Reaction score
Thats the B3 engine. Alpina confirmed it by engine and head number. I m at the process to get on the street in Germany. I hope authorities don't fuck with me because it was the export Model and not for the german market.

DSC_3020.JPG

shanon

Reaction score
If ya see rollers in the mirror, punch it and what the old girl will do! ;)

Looking fwd to seeing what my homemade B3 will do....

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think Duane Sword’s Alpina E9 has a B3S engine. I recall it needed some special non-USA parts when being refreshed at VSR1 many years ago. Duane is a member of the forum but I rarely see him post. Best way to reach him might be thru Stan or Andrew??

Reaction score
I agree with @tferrer that we have to dive deeper on those cars.

Amazing @IMSA-CSL! Alpina certified your engine also as a B3 specs? That should be a great new. About the German authorities, not being an expert in the German regulation, but I think you would not have any trouble registering it as an H-Zulassung, don't think so?

And about the comment from @bfeng, as far as I know, there were no Alpina B3S, as the B3 were the top one in carbureted street cars. Is it perhaps a B2S engine?

IMSA-CSL

Reaction score
S is the shorcut for (S)chmiedekolben in english forged pistons (for hemispheric head).

Yes I'm very happy to found that car.... engine number was not directly visible under the dirt.

IMSA-CSL

Reaction score
Yes ALPINA confirmed it is an original ALPINA B3 engine. Car went directly after construction at BMW to ALPINA than into the export. Than first registration.

@bfeng: The car is at my BMW dealer for exchange of all fluids. When I have time in the near future I can take a look...