E9 Cabrio

Philippe db

Reaction score
For sure not a car I would ever want to own and as far as I'm concerned worth a lot less then any standard CS or CSi in comparable condition.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
truly a piece of ...nice car

i was able to see an original cs cabrio in madrid three years ago, i say original, but not official
the car was born coupe and turned into cabrio since new in a garage in germany, i do not remeber the name of the manufacturer, that in fact had turned out to be the car brands name in the papers
lady owner inherited the car from his father and was puzzled to see bmw badges but car was not bmw in the papers
reason was found to be the way to avoid long delays of years when you wanted a bmw in under dictatorship economy protection days, as it was no more a bmw car, as officially it got a new manufacturer's chassi number, you can import it out from the limited ammount of bmws allowed by the regime
recently i heard of a country that is going to set more difficulties for the euro cars through increased import taxes, it might be their route to go, noone knows ;-)

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
see it here
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0868.JPG

it was bought by a german guy

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
not a fan of either. might be better with the top down, loses the grace of the original coupe. the one up for auction - OMG, those seats are horrible.

Tirekikr

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would have tried to keep the hardtop & just make it removable, not replace it with a soft top. That just killed the awesome body lines :(

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would have tried to keep the hardtop & just make it removable, not replace it with a soft top. That just killed the awesome body lines :(
Goofy rag top. The interior in the first one looks like a late 90s Lincoln Continental. Ugh.

Rek

Reaction score
Having seen the video, hats off to the guy for completing this. It's not to my taste, but it takes all sorts to make the world. I also don't like the seats and the general demeanour of the car but I got the impression that he had lots of time but not an unlimited budget, having to salvage parts from other wrecks where possible.