E9 Calendar error

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
Hi all!

Very excited when my E9 calendar arrived. It's really VERY nice! (Thank you again Andrew!) But imagine my surprise when "Miss July" was not an E9, but rather an aerial photo of Downtown Corvallis, Oregon. Nice town and all, but a little wide at the flanks and no interesting wheels in sight. Hoping this is just an isolated mistake but wanted to alert everyone to check their documents when they arrive.

This is what my daughter refers to as a "first-world problem." Merry Christmas to everyone!

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I do not know how that happened it should be the orange and black CSL on the track! :shock:

Last edited:

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
notes

why werent the cars called out
seems like a big oversight
maybe even the locations
but surely the models and place

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
why werent the cars called out
seems like a big oversight
maybe even the locations
but surely the models and place

There was no room for the information you are curious about. Only 1 person sent info and I sent them an e-mail letting them know there was no room for their info. though it was appreciated.

If people would like to add their info to the calendar thread I encourage them to do so. All the pictures came from forum members.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The calendar is spectacular. Thanks to all who assisted in its creation. I hope to have Annabelle in contention for next year.

Perhaps those lucky enough to have their car chosen could provide a little color commentary on the picture in order to enhance our calendar enjoyment.

I believe January features the New England triumvirate of Tom, Stan and Duane. Is that right? Does that picture conjure up any fond memories?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got mine the other day and its hanging on the wall at work now. Great job! Thanks for putting "e9coupe.com" on the cover, that's awesome. :cool:

Dan

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mine is Miss April.

My son took the picture with his new Canon lens during a late afternoon photoshoot in Audubon Park among the oak trees and spanish moss.

I went full on driving lights and he focused on the vintage german plate which incidentally still has it's mid-70's registration stickers on it, apparently this is rare to see because by law they are supposed to be removed/scratched off when the plate is taken out of service.

Am humbled to have been included, thanks Andrew!

The calendar is spectacular. Thanks to all who assisted in its creation. I hope to have Annabelle in contention for next year.

Perhaps those lucky enough to have their car chosen could provide a little color commentary on the picture in order to enhance our calendar enjoyment.

I believe January features the New England triumvirate of Tom, Stan and Duane. Is that right? Does that picture conjure up any fond memories?

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score

First off, I want to say that I'm honored to have my car be Ms August. I've owned cool cars in my life, but none that I've ever been proud to show off, so this is a first for me.

My buddy is an excellent photographer, and when I bought my Coupe back in Nov 2013 he and I talked about shooting a bunch of shots of it, but we never got around to it. Finally in August I had a week off of work, as I was supposed to race some motorcycles at Bonneville Speed Week, but it was rained out, so I came home.

I called him up, and we stopped by a little park in Palo Alto during the golden hour of light, and he shot a few hundred pictures, and posted the best ones to his Flickr stream.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/teal_hushypushy/with/14930926282/

My car is a nice 10 footer, and he made it look like a million bucks. The shot that was selected for August is amazing, and I had it printed on a sheet of aluminum. After she saw it in person, I convinced my lady to allow me to hang a picture of my car in the front room. It's art, it just happens to be art that involves my car. :mrgreen:

in the valley by hushypushy, on Flickr

BMW's official classic Facebook page was kind enough to share one of the shots of my Coupe out of that set as well. It's been a blast owning something worthy of sharing.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Starting new thread Calendar Car Details

I am going to start a new thread for Calendar Car info. I think it will get more positive attention that way. So Steve & Femur if you could repost in the new thread that would be very helpful.

duane_sword

Reaction score
January calendar coupes

Correct! The four coupes you can see from left to right in "January" are;
* TomS with his black CS which now carries the plate "DROOL" (under-going major upgrades this winter - exciting stuff!)
* StanC with "GR8WHT" (who also floated on his air-mattress in the great flood of 2013)
* DuaneS (that would be me) with my 3.0CS Alpina
* AndrewS (our calendar maestro) and his E9 "Athena"
* there was a 5th coupe there, out of photo shot, but it was TodB with his sweet 2800CS Nacht Blau

See the attached for the wider angle shot.

The photo brings back great memories of the vintage racing weekend at Lime Rock Park in 2013.... we also called it "The Year of the Flood". As you can see the tents behind the coupes and the calm before one of the most intense thunderstorms with solid torrential rain for hours on end.... fellow E9 colleagues were said to be floating on water on their air-mattresses with 3"+ of rain inside their tents... yes there was alcohol involved but this was very real not hallucinations.

Great times!

Attachments

• Year_of_the_Flood_LRP2013.jpg
    Year_of_the_Flood_LRP2013.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 74