E9 coupe good for daily driver?

acat2002

Reaction score
E9KNZ047 said:
I think we have all overlooked a very important consideration for a 17 year old - these cars are chick magnets 8) - I haven't done the sums (recently) but Max may in fact save quite a lot of money. Expensive nights out to impress young women imho was and still is I suspect highly overrated.

I challenge anyone to show me a teenage girl (especially one living in LA - land of image and superficial beauty) who can appreciate and respect a classic. If you're looking to impress teenage girls, buy a used Boxter. Not directed at you Max, if impressing girls was your agenda, you would have made that clear - right?.

From all these different opinions you should gain a fairly good idea of what you're getting into. All the opinions I've read so far make valid points.

Depending on your tolerance for the occassional downtime, cash flow and other considerations, I agree with others who have opined that it's never too early to start driving classics. You should have enough to go on to make a sound decision.

Regardless, I'd stay away from that coupe you posted (sorry If it belongs to anyone here). It's got all the telltale signs of a ticking time bomb! IMHO. Never underestimate the importance of a complete service record history with older cars. Nobody gives these cars away, but good fair deals are out there, just be patient and drive your parents' bucket as long as possible.

Personally, if I were 17 again, I'd roll with a 2002 again. Granted, not as sexy as the CS, but so easy to find parts for and fix. You can beat them like a rented mule and they'll keep smiling.