E9 cs and csl repro parts

RogerB

Reaction score
Would adding these appendages to my non-bat eligible CSL increase or decrease its value? Or would it not affect the value at all?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would adding these appendages to my non-bat eligible CSL increase or decrease its value? Or would it not affect the value at all?
Roger,

in my humble opinion, it would probably not increase the value. you have a very original CSL in an amazing color and in great shape ... there aren't many golf CSL around. i can't imagine that anything herein would increase the value of your coupe ... especially if it involves drilling holes in it. adding the strut braces might increase stiffness for better handling - and only if somebody was going to drive it very much. and at least, that isn't invasive.

my 2 cents
scott

RogerB

Reaction score
Roger,

in my humble opinion, it would probably not increase the value. you have a very original CSL in an amazing color and in great shape ... there aren't many golf CSL around. i can't imagine that anything herein would increase the value of your coupe ... especially if it involves drilling holes in it. adding the strut braces might increase stiffness for better handling - and only if somebody was going to drive it very much. and at least, that isn't invasive.

my 2 cents
scott

Thanks Scott! Those are pretty much my thoughts too being the purist that I am.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
@Ulrich 3.0 CSA
yes, the parts are located in london
i bought the front strut brace form him, and i had the chance of seeing and touching other parts, i am not an expert in csl or alpina parts, but i know when a part is sublime, profesionally made to the best specs
not only the parts are excellent, but it is a pleasure to deal with him
i wholeheartedly recomend him and his parts

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rear shock bar

Any plans to produce a front air dam? and can anyone chime in on the rear shock brace functionality. I will be adding a more powerful engine, a reworked 5 speed and a LSD to the blue coupe soon- thought this might be a good upgrade??

Thanks

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Any plans to produce a front air dam? and can anyone chime in on the rear shock brace functionality. I will be adding a more powerful engine, a reworked 5 speed and a LSD to the blue coupe soon- thought this might be a good upgrade??

Thanks

Peter,
Did you check with Mario at VSR, he has reproduced...
Stan

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
VSR air dam is a great repro and functional, it makes the car much more stable at speeds over 70. I've been running one since May 2012. Keep in mind they get stone chipped and collect bugs at an alarming rate. Mine has been damaged twice and painted 3 times.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Chips from Vintage.jpg
    Chips from Vintage.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5727.jpg
    IMG_5727.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 172

daddywad

Reaction score
Hi Roger, it would likely not change your value at all. I have fully restored my CSL the way I felt I wanted and something a bit special. I have all these parts on my car and they are all period mods and, they are all removable.

if I ever sold the car every single original part that was removed would be able to be put back on. I have kept everything in 3 large crates and they would go with the car

regards

Mark

daddywad

Reaction score
Thanks for that recommendation Jesus, see you soon
Mark

@Ulrich 3.0 CSA
yes, the parts are located in london
i bought the front strut brace form him, and i had the chance of seeing and touching other parts, i am not an expert in csl or alpina parts, but i know when a part is sublime, profesionally made to the best specs
not only the parts are excellent, but it is a pleasure to deal with him
i wholeheartedly recomend him and his parts

daddywad

Reaction score
Hi Peter, no plans to make front airdams, too many people seem to do so. I might reproduce the very light fibreglass rear bumper. there are a lot available but they are all very thick and chunky it seems.

if there is genuine interest I will consider it. I have an original on my car to copy.

regards
Mark

Thanks

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
VSR air dam is a great repro and functional, it makes the car much more stable at speeds over 70. I've been running one since May 2012. Keep in mind they get stone chipped and collect bugs at an alarming rate. Mine has been damaged twice and painted 3 times.

I used my VSR1 spoiler to remove some grass & dirt at the bottom of a steep hill to prepare a flower bed. It suffered a small crack and a couple of chips but no major breakage. They make one tough part!

John