E9 CSL

Micholas

Reaction score
Hi there

I'm in need of a complete E9 CSL air con set up if possible. Plus shipping to the UK

Any help appreciated.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wonder if ship expense would be cost prohibitive, stateside (California to Colorado) I've personally never seen an "L" with air conditioning. And only about half of the regular E9's that have gone through my shops have had AC.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I wonder why anyone would want A/C or A/C fitted in their car in the UK

When you only get about 4 weeks of good hot weather

But everyone to their own!!!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wonder why anyone would want A/C or A/C fitted in their car in the UK

When you only get about 4 weeks of good hot weather

But everyone to their own!!!
Could be he is only trying to get ahead of the "climate change" effects. Perhaps in a few years, there will be deserts in the UK! Who knows?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Batmobile with AC……

CCI01022019_2.jpeg

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
For some CSL has a value by itself.

Most of E30 M3 for example are just standing, but should have been used for racing.

Sport car as an investment and for many A/C is a must have equipment.

It is another story is the VIN-correctness is required or not but typically (also looking on that Forum) A/C is a "good to have" rather than "get a rid of" equipment.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
But seriously, seems counter-intuitive for weight saving?
Infact…… E9 CSLs with AC are extremely uncommon and didn’t fit the weight saving philosophy. Some Italian carb cars had an ‘external’ (as in not built in) AC unit. Weather in Northern Europe didn’t require AC’s, those were primarily for US cars. Pic courtesy from @mario csl giallo golf

IMG_6454.jpeg

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi there

I'm in need of a complete E9 CSL air con set up if possible. Plus shipping to the UK

Any help appreciated.
I have a complete set of original E9 AC parts that I might consider selling.

It will be expensive though as many hard to find pieces including the footwell vents etc.

I’m U.K. based. If you’re still interested DM me.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Recently I was at a Jag repair and restoration shop owned by a friend..There was an XK120 there with all electric A/C. It may be worth looking into

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
its all about the creature comforts if you actually drive the car in the summer. where i live its a practical necessity. i have been looking for an Alpina e21 (C1 or B6) and the one thing that none of them have is A/C. so when i get one, that is job #1 ... assemble the goods and put it in.

@Micholas, I would contact @sfdon and get all of the replacement kit for new parts that will work well - sanden compressor, compressor mount, hoses, dryer, parallel flow condenser, push fan. then all you need is the stuff under the dash + console.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
its all about the creature comforts if you actually drive the car in the summer. where i live its a practical necessity. i have been looking for an Alpina e21 (C1 or B6) and the one thing that none of them have is A/C. so when i get one, that is job #1 ... assemble the goods and put it in.

@Micholas, I would contact @sfdon and get all of the replacement kit for new parts that will work well - sanden compressor, compressor mount, hoses, dryer, parallel flow condenser, push fan. then all you need is the stuff under the dash + console.
Definitely an option or he can contact me if he wants to remain original. I’m in the U.K. as well.

Last edited: