e9 gas pedal wanted

RogerB

Reaction score
My good friend Steve Berry asked me to post this for him as he is having trouble posting it himself. He is in need of a gas pedal for his coupe. His email address is:

[email protected]

Hope someone with an extra one laying around can help him!

Thanks!

RogerB

Golf '72 3.0 CSL 2275030

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did you find one?

Hi Roger, mine just broke. Not much info on this forum about replacements. Did you hear from anyone about a parts source? Mine is the earlier version that fits via two plugs at the bottom corners. Thanks,

OZCSi

Reaction score
You have the two plugs at the bottom corners and then the actual attachment at the top is a lug that has a hole in it for steel rod to pass thru, they commonly break as well. I am in Australia, but have a few, but none with the lug at the top intact.

Let me know how you get on, Walloth and Nosch etc have them, but any other sources I will be keen to hear about.

Cheers

OZ

MMercury

Reaction score
Confused

I thought I had some pedal parts but I am unable to locate them. That being said, when I looked on line, many of the parts appear to be available.

Unless I have entirely missed the part/s you are looking for, the early pedal seems to be 35411107684 and the later 35411105414 (both left hand drive). Right hand drive 74, is 35411109321 (?) and does not appear to be available.

I would think that some pedals are repairable or worth trying to fix and many of these parts are adaptable from other models.

FWIW, you guys might want to try this outfit: http://data.bmrparts.com/bmwparts/1150.html (I have not personally dealt with them, and this is not an endorsement, but the information re parts seems fairly comprehensive.) http://data.bmrparts.com/bmwparts/1150.html

Good luck.
29.png

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
I recently sourced a pair of 'bush bearings' for my early e24 pedal assembly straight from BMW in Germany and it's worth a shot as they are quite unique and metric to boot! (no pun intended?)

Might be able to source your original part numbers at www.RealOEM.com or the link above as indicated by MM. For example this '73 3.0CS LHD setup...

29.png

Picture3-8.png

Cheers!

Ran

Last edited:

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Wow those pedals are delicate!Just tried to pull one off a Bavaria and the rubber snapped off at the top where it attaches to linkage.What a shame.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We will be parting out a 75 CSi Barn Find. How bad was the rust and rodent issues, don't ask. I will try to remove the gas pedal later in the week if you are interested.

Let me know,

Steve ONeill

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
We will be parting out a 75 CSi Barn Find. How bad was the rust and rodent issues, don't ask. I will try to remove the gas pedal later in the week if you are interested. Let me know, Steve ONeill

Steve: If a '75CSi as you say that would make it one of the last 555 of the 1429 last of this VIN series? 4340 001 to 4341429 if you can please identify which and let me know when parts might be available once you've gotten the Norwegian rats to cooperate or leave town?

What parts are/are not going to be available ala this donor?

Cheers!

Ran

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
Barn Find

J Ranmann:
The barn-find, a.k.a Waldtraut, is #4340939, manufactured 2/75. The rodents have been dispatched, and except for odors, not much damage found except some nibbled wires and acorns deposited in all manner of voids.
Many parts available (although Steve and I both own coupes and are cherry-picking to our content)...advise Steve or me what you might want.