E9 headlight Bulbs in the uk

Johnny D

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hik E9ers,
I'm looking for a set of high beam and low beam lights lens, preferably with bulbs.
I don't mind buying new, but i'm guessing that new is no longer available so refurb will be satisfactory.

I have been told to skip the old setup and go modern with LED upgrades, but my knowledge on that is limited

To be clear ....I am not looking for the cluster headlight sets, just he lens and he bulbs.
Any direction is greatly appreciated.\

Thanking you guys alwasy
Johhny D

pat cooks

Reaction score
Offroad use only.
Stay with halogens, looks correct and works even better than LED if wiring etc is in good shape.
And you add an extra relay for I think the dip beam, can be done discretely and then takes most of the original wiring and switch contacts out of the equation as they will only be supplying the low current side of the relay not the big amps, does make a BIG difference on most 50-60 year old cars, I relayed my 1929 Dodge headlamps plus halogens, those 12 babies can bubble the paint on the car in front!

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
I put LEDs in my E24 and the light pattern was so bad as to be really dangerous. This was a while back, and the tech may have improved, but I'd not put aftermarket LEDs in anything now.
....so I bought a set of cibie CSRs and good halogens and wow, all is daylight. Cibies now fitted in my E9.

Rek

Reaction score
I feel sure that there are differing quality of LED's for headlight but as anyone here would be experimenting only then it's likely that we would minimise expenditure and fit those made by the Chi Po Tat Corporation in China. That's what I did with my rear bulbs.