E9 in the movies (or at least Apple TV miniseries)

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey guys, well the show that my E9 was used in will be out next month, May 17. It's called The Big Cigar. I can't find an Apple-made trailer to include here but there are some others out on Youtube and here's a brief on the story, characters, etc. https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-bi...ndre-holland-apple-series-trailer-1235858035/

I have several shots of my car on set but don't know what this translates to in still or moving shots in this miniseries, but I hope it's lots of coverage! Those reading of my mechanical and electric sagas following the return of my car from that movie shoot are the most frustrating diagnosis and repair history in my 17 years of owning vin 2240715. But these repairs and upgrades were likely necessary at some point of time and, while I was at it I had Don and Chris install a rebuilt AC evaporator and heater core...movie proceeds to me more than offset the $thousands spent chasing that weird ignition cutout during driving including new coil, crankshaft position sensor, fuel pump, new relays and wiring, a Megasquirt ECU upgrade, new ignition key cylinder and wiring, etc...whew.

And then there was the almost story of the lead actor, Andre Holland, wanting to buy my car which triggered frantic calls to Don on maybe building me a brand new E9 or almost buying Chris Macha's Malaga beauty before it sold on BaT...

Anyway, I hope the show coverage is good for our beloved E9s but I don't know which episodes we will be in... I hope it's the premier episode.

Wayne

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice exposure for your E9!
I hope they used a body double for the police chase ending with a fiery crash...

gwittman

Reaction score
When they used my Coupe for the Karen Carpenter story, the dufus driving it must have thought it was an automatic because he tried to put it in gear without using the clutch. Fortunately, no damage was done.