E9 Inner fender rust inspection video

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had my daughter help me put together a video of how to use an iPhone to look for rust in the hidden cavity underneath the front fender. And I have three examples of what these areas look like in 1) a solid original car (belonging to member bfeng) 2) my semi restored driver grade 2800cs 3) and a really nice looking coupe that I considered buying until I looked under the fenders. I made the video because IMO, such videos should be mandatory for all these BaT listings of e9s. I see some big money for coupes that have no documentation of the condition of this area. It takes ten minutes to shoot the video, and you don't even need a borescope. All sellers should be doing this.

Enjoy

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like the fact that you adopted the Alfa Romeo shirt in honor of the fact that an Alfa led a Formula 1 race for the first time in 16 years over the weekend.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I like the fact that you adopted the Alfa Romeo shirt in honor of the fact that an Alfa led a Formula 1 race for the first time in 16 years over the weekend.
I am more of a Kimi fan than an Alfa F1 fan. He's the funniest man in F1.
Although I own two Alfas and have great love of the cars. I even owned an Alfa 164 once, which was a case of blind devotion to the marque. My wife hated that car. Not Pininfarina's finest work, and compared to the e34 5 series, a total POS.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
great post Scott. this should be very helpful to many.

totally agree with you on the 164 ... had a friend in texas that had one. i think its webster's definition #2 for POS ... with definition #1 being the literal translation a Piece of Sh!t, and definition #3 being Police Officer's Special