E9 Right-Side (Passenger) Manual Window Regulator WANTED!

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can you show images? There are a few types of repairs that have step by step instructions on here, courtesy of deQ

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Markos please delete my posting, I was informed by a forum member that the part I posted seems to have been repaired and could be that it wont last long. In which case I don’t want a fellow member to buy it.
thanks
Keshav

Last edited:

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. I should have one in the warehouse. Will get there this week and let you know.

KEPetersen

Reaction score
Hi. I should have one in the warehouse. Will get there this week and let you know.
Not being there, I'm unable to take my own photos. The shop sent me those below - apparently the gear itself is broken and beyond repair. [Again, this is a right/passenger-side, manual (not electric) wind regulator.]

Any help you or anyone might provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

IMG_4904.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4903.JPG

krauser

Reaction score
Hey,

Yours is repairable, hopefully it has not been thrown out. The soft metal spring retainer pivot pin has served for 50 years and couldn't continue. RIP.
In the Porsche world this is a common failure point, and replacement pivot pins are readily available. Instead of being peened over for retension in the regulator , the replacement has a bolt to secure it. The clocking of springs on 911s' came parallel and offset(pic shows both ways), and the length of the pivot pin changed too. There are companies that make the pivot pin with both grooves cut in the pin but if you have the old pivot pin remains, you'll see the orientation and length needed. I've repaired many 911 regulators as well as 2002 and E9 using replacement pivot pins. If you need more help with this, let me know and I can guide you through it.

911 pivot pin.jpg

Best, krauser

Last edited: