E9 Run in Melbourne Australia 20 April

E9KNZ047

Reaction score
Melbournites - there is a run being proposed from Melbourne out to the surrounding country roads on Sunday 20/04 . Have no more details as yetsoon as I find out I will post.

Pencil it in and start working on those browny points if you need a leave pass

Previous runs have been low key and lots of fun - definitely a few characters attracted to driving these wonderful machines.
Will take some pics and post.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Wish I could join you... issue being I live in Boston USA... but I am Melbourne born and bred... from the Eltham area if you are familiar with it.... my family still lives in Doncaster and St. Kilda near the F1 circuit (which is good and bad).

Anyway, I am very pleased to know that the coupe flag is waving down under.

I have an article on my coupe which I would be happy to email to you if you can share your email address to me.... I briefly mention my first encounter with an E9 coupe in Melbourne :)

very best regards, cheers

Duane Sword

E9KNZ047

Reaction score
Hey there Duane - PM has been sent for the article.

There a a few E9's in Melb - I know of maybe 15 - sure there will be more. Hopefully will get a good turnout on the drive day

Meeting details as we know it at this stage is (more to follow)

Beaurepaires on Toorak Road at 08:00am 20/04

destination - yet to be decided

E9KNZ047

Reaction score
E9 Run in Melbourne - Some Pics

Here are a couple of pics from the E9 run today. We had 12 E9's initially - lost a few on the way due to other committments and were also accompanied by 3x 635CSi, a 2002 and a 540i. All in all a great day with some great roads and great weather. Talk of another run in 4 weeks time.
998a8e9e59ea9342fbccdd4bf2a1522d.jpg

PickYourColour.jpg

[/img]
a6aed079dcd931c2f59833f5cec6f8fa.jpg

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice. Really, really nice! 8)

mark

Reaction score
tony

i bought a csl in vic a couple of years ago and brought it to perth. out of interest, what was the split between models in your gathering?

cheers
mark

E9KNZ047

Reaction score
Hi Mark - there were 2 fair dinkum CSL's - the Polaris and Inca, a very nicely sorted CSi in red, 3 very tidy CSA's - Maroon, Golf Yellow, and the Mint green and my 'hybrid' in Turkis.
At the start of the run were 4 or 5 others as well in various configurations - some with mild modifications through to full on race set up.
Great to see these cars at close quarters. They certainly drew a lot of interest from the passer's by.
Looking forward to the next run.

mark

Reaction score
excellent pics guys, thanks.

i see the ceylon cs has a for sale sign. any ideas on its condition and price?

cheers
mark

E9coupeOZ

Reaction score
CS for sale sign

Hi All,

New to the group and looking for a good E9 here in Australia.
Wonderful pictures of the day its a shame I don't live in Melbourne.
The Ceylon CS with the for sale sign, could someone please contact me with details as I would like to know more about the car as a potential purchaser.
Cheers
SR

E9coupeOZ

Reaction score
Hi Mathew,
I am in Brissie, just up the road from you!
Did you have a front spoiler for sale on Ebay last year? If yes I think we exchanged a few emails then.
The car in Melbourne I have been investigating. The owner has been very helpful in sending me pictures of everwhere I want to look at.
The car has the rust well on the way in front inner wing/strut area, lower front wings. But it is actually a CS according to the VIN number range NOT a CSI like he has advertised. He agrees it must have had an Engine transplant (D jet added) at some point before his ownership, but I feel he is asking too much for it.
Cheers
SR

ART_CARS

Reaction score
That's a nice looking line up there.
Could someone please advise me of the contact details of the seller of the Ceylon CS ?
I'm in NSW, have been looking for an E9 for a while - happy to wait for the right car and in the mean time have found this forum to be an excellent education on the model, along with some of the other websites and published info . Thanks very much to all forum posters, it's all very helpful :)
cheers Gerald