e9 update

bmw art car

Reaction score
so , i got a bit of an update.
the car in question isn't a 1974 3.0 but rather
a 1970 2800. one of the early cars imported to the US. second owner car
it's been sitting for a long time without anything happening to it.
the owner and i are wondering about the value of the car
i can't find much on it.
but all parts are there and the car needs some fender work still and a paint job.

i could use some ideas on value for the car.
thank you.
IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I say it's worth $3K. At that price you'll get someone willing to haul it onto a trailer and either part it out or take a chance that the hidden rust isn't completely fatal.

If someone has $6-7K they can find a running, driving CS. It'll have all sorts of issues and hidden rust, but it will run and drive around the block, be reasonably complete and might even be presentable.

My garage is just like that one, unfortunately....exposed brick creates condensation issues, a swing in the weather and my cars would be dripping wet.

I used Dry Lok on the walls and it's helped a lot.

bmw art car

Reaction score
I say it's worth $3K. At that price you'll get someone willing to haul it onto a trailer and either part it out or take a chance that the hidden rust isn't completely fatal.

If someone has $6-7K they can find a running, driving CS. It'll have all sorts of issues and hidden rust, but it will run and drive around the block, be reasonably complete and might even be presentable.

My garage is just like that one, unfortunately....exposed brick creates condensation issues, a swing in the weather and my cars would be dripping wet.

I used Dry Lok on the walls and it's helped a lot.

i hear what you say.
i am trying to bring her to florida, :mrgreen:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice tool kit!
Even has the red handled screw drivers.
Help me understand, is it your goal to restore this car or make it into a replica of one of thu art car BMW CS coupes?
I agree witht he $2-$3K estimate provided it is not rusted on the shock towers and other critical points.

Last edited:

jmackro

Reaction score
I like the air cleaner - it is the only part on the car that looks like it has had some rust protection over the past 20 years.

The corrosion visible on the fender - wheelwell area could well be fatal. Without knowing the extent of the rust, it is impossible for someone on the Internet to give you a meaningful estimate of the car's value. '69 2800cs' estimate of $3K may not be far off.

Is the differential out, or is that a spare? Somehow, it seems odd to me that the diff would be removed.