E9 Workshop Manual, Blue Book - where to find in PDF format

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone would know where I could get a PDF copy of the Blue Book for the E9?

I note under the "Technical Info" section on e9coupe the book is actually there but for some reason I can only download page by page in jpg format which is a bit laborious.

Any advice re where I could get the full Blue Books in PDF format would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you mean the "Autobooks E3/E9 Owners Workshop Manual" under the Technical Information page that one is available as a complete pdf here:
https://e9coupe.com/tech/autobooks/autobooks_manual.pdf

No he means the much higher quality factory "Blue Books". The pdf that you linked is under 170 pages. The blue books are a good 300+ pages each, and there are two books. Although they utilize some line drawings, most pages of the blue books use very clear photographs.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Nilsh for the PDF link to the Autobook. Have printed it out.
Re the BBs, thanks HB Chris for the Ebay links and am in touch with one seller.
Cheers

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought a reproduction of the blue books, in paper format, from a US eBay seller. Probably the one from above. It was about £80 by the time it arrive in the U.K., they are great, two books, bound rather than lose pages.
Enjoy.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought a reproduction of the blue books, in paper format, from a US eBay seller. Probably the one from above. It was about £80 by the time it arrive in the U.K., they are great, two books, bound rather than lose pages.
Enjoy.

Yes was considering this option. Was worried the resolution and overall quality might not be good. When I enlarged the photos on ebay the print quality of the repo books did not seem particularly sharp. So are you saying the print quality is actually very good? If so I might buy these as much cheaper.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just a question: when you're talking about the "blue books" is that the printed version of the repair manual at e9- driven.com (see link)?
http://e9-driven.com/Public/Library/BMW-E9-Manual/pages/en/index.html

Yes that seems to be the Blue Books (although not all sections). However I don't think this is downloadable as a single file. Blue books are about 800 pages in total so can't download each page.

So far I have found one on Ebay but expensive including shipment to Aus. He also said some sections have no pages inside : #37 Integrated Suspension System, #56 Special Bodies, #97 Body Cavity Seating and Undercoating and #99 Paintwork - not sure if this is normal?

oz73csi

Reaction score
Hi Mal , I have the blue books available for $100 plus postage or pick up if you like , if you're interested I'll check the sections and let you know. Go the Crows!

tradervic

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Mal , I have the blue books available for $100 plus postage or pick up if you like , if you're interested I'll check the sections and let you know. Go the Crows!
Mal, do you have a set of e9 blue books still for sale? Price? I am in L.A., California. Thanks, Bill.

tradervic

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In my set, 37 has no pages, no 56 or 97, and 99 has no pages. I think that is standard.
Chris, separate question. Where do you recommend I get a set of replacement key blanks, and then how do I get my key code? The glove box lock was replaced.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mal, do you have a set of e9 blue books still for sale? Price? I am in L.A., California. Thanks, Bill.

No sorry Bill, I don't have any blue books for sale.

I was offered a set here in Australia couple of years back but the seller wanted a big price for them - $1000. Bit beyond my budget - and shows just how valuable E9 stuff is these days.

However I did end up buying the PDF version on eBay for a reasonable price. They come up for sale on eBay from time to time.

tradervic

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No sorry Bill, I don't have any blue books for sale.

I was offered a set here in Australia couple of years back but the seller wanted a big price for them - $1000. Bit beyond my budget - and shows just how valuable E9 stuff is these days.

However I did end up buying the PDF version on eBay for a reasonable price. They come up for sale on eBay from time to time.

would you “sell” me a copy of your PDF?