East Coast Show Season Has Arrived!

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, after a long winter on the trickle charger, my E9 is out finally and went through beautification 101 for tomorrow's first show event, the 32nd Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance. I've been the last two years and it's a decent Virginia event but on the small side, except if you own a Porsche 356. Still, last year there were at least 5 E9s with Doug Dolan's M5-powered green beauty and Tom Baruch with another green immaculate E9.

This year, it's great to be back. I'm feeling mostly recovered from my accident two years ago and the E9 has been a great healing partner for me, having fixed a faulty fuel pump wire with Don Lawrence's help last year and a now I have a fully operational AC system after several back and forth episodes with a local vintage AC shop, and my turn signals actually function too after tracing the problem to a faulty relay.

Anyway, all the best to my fellow coupers and see you at the various shows this season for my east coast colleagues, with the highlight being the Vintage in late May. Stan's Great White will be there again, along with many other folks I met last year that made the trip so enjoyable, including Rob Siegel!

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great Wayne,

My coupe will make it to The Vintage this year after missing last year as my engine rebuild was not finished.
We need to get the "Blue" cars together.
I was there last year in a 650 Convt and not "in" the show.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Gary Beck
Peachtree Corners, GA Formerly Duluth

sfdon

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And Wayne managed a First in Class it appears.
Congrats!