ebay coilovers - BC Racing

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not saying you're wrong, or that these actually fit the e9, but this is stated in the ad:
"Sample pictures ONLY. Actual product may vary. Not ALL applications include adjustable camber plate. Please see description for more information."

However, I can't find any detailed description anywhere. Some research is definitely needed before buying a kit, easiest would be to send an email to BC Racing and have them confirm that they actually have a set for e9.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Okay, I got an email back from BC Racing:

"Hi Rob

Thank you for contacting BC Racing NA.

This kit does require welding of the BC lower mounts on to the OEM sprindles.

We do not do any of the welding here so you must find a reputable shop local to you to do the welding work.

This kit is also built to order, please allow 3-4 weeks for build time before shipping out.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kevin"

So how does the pricing compare to say, IRL or Ground Control or KW given the welding req'mts too involved.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
"plates are adjustable +/- 3 degrees"

So far, not a bad price.

IRL is a bit more:

$295 - camber plates
$310 - Bilstein inserts
$140 - spring perches
$150 - springs
(not including welding) = $900. And that's just for the FRONT!

Hmmm...I think Ground Control is about the same price if not more.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
The more I drive my coupe with GCS coilovers the more I like the setup. Originally I felt like they were stiffer than LJI's setup, but after about six months of driving they actually feel less harsh. This is definitely a 'seat of the pants' comparison, YMMV. GCS were way more expensive at about $1700 (full kit) with military discount, but that price does include the shocks/struts and welding.

OLD_DTM

Reaction score
I got a quote from Ground control a few days ago. $2153.00
sending my strut housings to get cut and re-welded

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The more I drive my coupe with GCS coilovers the more I like the setup. Originally I felt like they were stiffer than LJI's setup, but after about six months of driving they actually feel less harsh. This is definitely a 'seat of the pants' comparison, YMMV. GCS were way more expensive at about $1700 (full kit) with military discount, but that price does include the shocks/struts and welding.
what spring rate did you go with?

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

From my invoice:
GC 200.64.67: 8 inches long, 2 1/2 I.D., 380 lbs/inch, front; Height Adjuster Conversion kit, Rear BMW 2002/E9 #2005.03 1 297.00 297, Springs 8"/5"OD/400#

My total was $1808 shipped from CA to NC ($58). I got a package discount of $182 and a military discount of $189, so Old DTM's quote of $2153 sounds about right if they are not offering discounts now. GCS were great guys to work with, took them about a week or so to turn around my set, the product was nicely packed, and the setup looked great/well constructed. I'm super pleased with the performance thus far.

-Walter

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
BC Racing came back to me with:

FRONT: 450 lb.in

REAR: 280 lb.in

The front and rear are height adjustable. The kit wil lower the car 1" from OEM height at coil over max height adjustment.

The Rebound and compression can be adjusted from the knob on top (32 way adjustable)

The front portion on this kit will need to be welded to the OEM strut tubes. We do supply instructions.

Last edited:

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
compression... and rebound is already real racy stuff. You need a prof driver to get it right ... on a circuit.

Even height adjustable... don't do that by taking measures ... you need weight scales to get it right.

If you could exaggerate you can dial in that 1 front wheel and 1 rear wheel diagonal take all the weight and the others just touching ground. :D

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
compression... and rebound is already real racy stuff. You need a prof driver to get it right ... on a circuit.

Even height adjustable... don't do that by taking measures ... you need weight scales to get it right.

If you could exaggerate you can dial in that 1 front wheel and 1 rear wheel diagonal take all the weight and the others just touching ground. :D

All great points but not everyone with coilovers races their coupe Barry. :D Some folks like the idea of a standard 'sport suspension' with the added bonus of fine tuning the height. There are many members on the forum who have slight height variances caused by known and unknown issues.

Last edited: