Electrical fuel pump

wolfram

Reaction score
Hi!
I´m about to replace my mechanic fuel pump with a Facet Red Top.
Instructions says:
"Mount as close to fuel tank as possible"
Any suggestions where to put it?
Regards/ Pehr

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this will also help prevent vapor lock

I usually put them above the right axle tucked up in the cavity area. lots of room and the fuel line is right there. Make up a bracket and use rubber mounts to isolate it from the body.

wolfram

Reaction score
Thanx.
stphrs do you mean behind rear silencer above driveshaft?
The pump is to "tall" for that position.
What about placing it in the boot?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I put my fuel pump down on the driver's side of the differential, usning one of the bolts to mount it. This keeps vapor lock at bay. If you put it in the trunk you may hear it more as the boot amplifies the noise as well as being higher than the fuel pickup.

stphers

Reaction score
Not sure that I have ever seen a pump that is too tall for that area, there is a lot of room there. If your pump is too tall. mount it sideways, and electric pump doesn't care which way it is mounted. I would never put a pump in the trunk, first,it will be way too noisy as Steve mentions. Secondly, I have never seen a pump mounted in the trunk that looks good, it usually ends up by the shock tower and the hoses are right there as well, to me , that looks sloppy. Best place is under the car, the right side is where it should go, that's where your fuel lines go. It is fine antwgere there as long as it has some distance from the exhaust and doesn't hit an axle

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Pick up a mounting bracket from an E24 An E24 pump and filter all mount in the same bracket just to the left of the rear wheel under the car

shanon

Reaction score
Location?

Street car or....?

Easier access to fuel system components if in trunk.....but i digress ;)