Elvis has entered the building...;-)

shanon

Reaction score
It took a while but, Elvis has finally left the tailor's sporting his new sweat suit.... :twisted:

59abab65bf8954623deb9356dc45a42f.jpg

5c05ff2e9812d54a2f7a57b78ea82c06.jpg

2f584f893a4d14afbbe72b5905ce5543.jpg

My brother's and I finally got to paint my coupe, pulled the trigger myself. Took us two days for 2-tones with two stage paint (base/clear).
It came out much better than we expected....a great job for a few rookies over a weekend. My brother's is the '73 racer with a vintage Schnitzer look.

Now I just have to remember where all my chrome bits are..... :roll:

-shanon
'70 2800cs Alpina clone (very manipulated)

Philip Slate

Reaction score
Nice job! I remember when Elvis was just an old rusty hulk in a faded Gold Lamey suit. It has indeed taken awhile but you've definitely brought 'em back to his youthful fightin' weight. And another CS is saved from the crusher. Well done Shanon!

nealf

Reaction score
Looks Great

I'd love a lesson in painting a car as I would love to paint a Bavaria I am currently refurbishing.

Email me offline if you have a moment to.

[email protected]

nf
'70 2800CS
'72 Bavaria
'73 2002

YBNormal

Reaction score
two tone or not two tone..........

Curse you Elvis! Now you've stirred the pot with a whole 'nuther bunch of possibilities! I was going with the original Fjord, but a scheme with Estoril (M3 blue) top and bottom with silver in the middle would look pretty slick. There's plenty of time to cogitate, as I've much to do before body and paint.

And keep us informed of Shawn's racing activities, saw his coupe in a VARA video along with a couple of Bats at Buttonwillow.

shanon

Reaction score
thanks!

Two tones is almost like 2 cars, driving it, the second color is out of sight until you climb out and look back at see the second color and say 'oh yeah!' From inside, all you see is black.

That must have been Vara's Ocktoberfest, unfortunately he got bumped in the rear at that event and a little body work to do. I think we are getting the body & paint thing figured out, not that we want to do more than we have too. :wink:

We keep ya posted.

-shanon

jamesr

Reaction score
Sweet shanon, i'm lovin' the two tone! Nice to see something a little different with a coupe, i look forward to seeing the final piece.

Misterchinn

Reaction score
All you need is an SF logo on the hood and a number 44 on the door for my boyhood hero, Willie Mac!

Gotta love the Orange and Black!

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Old Steamy Breath

Just wondering if Elvis is old enough to smoke?

Good job Shannon with your color scheme--and saving a coupe from the rust heap.

shanon

Reaction score
Yep, the King had a heart transplant (a very healthy 3.3L) during his rehab, but he still likes to clear his throat first thing in morning. Once he's had his coffee and warms up, he's definitely ready to "Rock 'n' Roll"

BTW: The Elvis nickname came from the sad Ceylon paint (ie: his worn out Gold Lamey suit) present upon acquisition.

-shanon