Engine/box change advice please.

Paul02

Reaction score
Hello
Finally my 3.0 cs auto (74, UK car) is going to have my 3.5 engine /box (from E12) fitted soon. Will the pedal box/clutch pedal etc from the E12 ( 1981 ) fit into the coupe or do I need these from a CSI.
Also the console parts (mine is auto ) do I need these from a CSI manual for the change to a five speed manual from auto.
Cheers Paul
London

Paul02

Reaction score
Hello
Finally my 3.0 cs auto (74, UK car) is going to have my 3.5 engine /box (from E12) fitted soon. Will the pedal box/clutch pedal etc from the E12 ( 1981 ) fit into the coupe or do I need these from a CSI.
Also the console parts (mine is auto ) do I need these from a CSI manual for the change to a five speed manual from auto.
Cheers Paul
London

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You can actually use the automatic shifter surround you have in your console. The wood already has the cutout shape you need for the manual shifter. You will need to carefully peel off the plastic, cut out the wood, reglue the plastic and possibly staple the leather boot (new) to the back of the shifter surround.

You can see the cutout shape in the shifter surround picture of my 5-speed conversion:

http://home.earthlink.net/~b_jamin/shark/id6.html

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You can actually use the automatic shifter surround you have in your console. The wood already has the cutout shape you need for the manual shifter. You will need to carefully peel off the plastic, cut out the wood, reglue the plastic and possibly staple the leather boot (new) to the back of the shifter surround.

You can see the cutout shape in the shifter surround picture of my 5-speed conversion:

http://home.earthlink.net/~b_jamin/shark/id6.html

simoniko

Reaction score
OFF topic

Hi Paul ,
Is the 3.5 M30 usable with the automatic gearbox BW65 , do they fit to eachother?
I have an offer for 300 GBP ,for complete 3.5 !
What major changes are you making in the electrics and the other hardware in the changing from 3.0 carburator to 3.5 ?

simoniko

Reaction score
OFF topic

Hi Paul ,
Is the 3.5 M30 usable with the automatic gearbox BW65 , do they fit to eachother?
What major changes are you making in the electrics and the other hardware in the changing from 3.0 carburator to 3.5 ?

Paul02

Reaction score
Thanks Arde for the link to the pictures , very helpful. Simoniko , I am keeping the 3.5 and putting it in the car.
Cheers Paul

Paul02

Reaction score
Thanks Arde for the link to the pictures , very helpful. Simoniko , I am keeping the 3.5 and putting it in the car.
Cheers Paul

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Re: OFF topic

simoniko said:
Hi Paul ,

The 3.5 will mate with the transmission, yes, but it cannot take the increase in torque. The automatic can barely take the stock power/torque levels.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Re: OFF topic

simoniko said:
Hi Paul ,

The 3.5 will mate with the transmission, yes, but it cannot take the increase in torque. The automatic can barely take the stock power/torque levels.