Engine conversion/rebuild dilema

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not a problem. Was going to hydroboost in any case. Most of my stuff is old with new drivetrains anyway. Still haven't decided on which way to go yet. This is my Wagoneer, 430hp/6 spd auto
Jeepengine.jpg

Last edited:

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
There was a beautiful s38b35 install in a CSL. Being an actual CSL meant that the owner didn't want to alter the structure so the engine would fit. Someone can chime in with who built it because I can't remember. Or was it Art Simons? The builder took the nose off the car leaving the fenders. He then landed the engine where it needed to sit and and modified the motor mounts so that he didn't need to pound out the firewall. This probably added other challenges like fan fitment but you could always opt for an electric fan.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Doesnt terry sayther in austin have csl with M engine?

There was a beautiful s38b35 install in a CSL. Being an actual CSL meant that the owner didn't want to alter the structure so the engine would fit. Someone can chime in with who built it because I can't remember. Or was it Art Simons? The builder took the nose off the car leaving the fenders. He then landed the engine where it needed to sit and and modified the motor mounts so that he didn't need to pound out the firewall. This probably added other challenges like fan fitment but you could always opt for an electric fan.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I believe it does have an M engine. It at least has a later fuel injected engine with cats. It was up on a lift when I looked at it, mainly for the bodywork, so I didn't have a chance to check out the engine.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Terry's car does indeed have an S38 engine from a Euro M6. I checked it out today. He said there was no modification of the firewall required. And he has a close ratio 5 speed trans installed.

Terry's-S38-Engine.jpg Terry's-CSL-@-Maudie's.jpg