Engine pull-out

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is this one of the games, where we have to guess the question?

(I'm sorry for being cynical; but if you want someone to spend time to write you a helpful answer, perhaps it would be beneficial for yourself if you ALSO take the time to formulate a decent question. Besides that, I find it's just a tad rude. )

To be constructive; here's a link that may help you:
http://e9-driven.com/Public/Library/BMW-E9-Manual/pages/en/11000500.html#refertoc

regards, Erik.

stphers

Reaction score
I don't think that this is a bad question. There is a hole just above the starter that is cast into the block that you can use as a lift point at the rear and at the front, I usually go around the intake manifold between #1 and #2 cylinders. There should be a hook bracket at the front as well but not always easy to set up. Others may have a different idea but this works for me

Thanks, rick

JamesE30

Reaction score
There is an obvious engine crane mounting point on the front above the water pump. On the rear use a seatbelt or something to reach down to the team mounting point directly on the block. Just above the starter motor.
Just make sure everything is solid before lifting the engine up high, we caf kind of a close call as the seatbelt slipped a bit! Otherwise pulling the engine was pretty easy.

78BD67D8-60E4-4E3F-AD32-5040F782E4DE.jpeg

4D105C97-A3D2-4444-8AEE-914F20C8F60C.jpeg