Eric Keller RIP

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
1630672497111.png

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very sad, gutted, I considered Eric a friend and will miss him. I don't know that I ever saw him and he wasn't smiling and enjoying life. We recently spent a little time together in Monterey and was discussing the new lady in his life etc.

Eric's enthusiasm and passion lifted the profile of BMWs in America, certainly E30, Z8s and newer M cars. We used to laugh that E30s was where our passions met, he loved everything after and me most everything before.

Eric was never frightened to call up and ask questions, he knew he didn't know everything and wanted to learn, he got very close to a few CSLs over time, but to my knowledge never acquired one.

His brother Evan is a very different character, but I do hope he carries on the business that Erics passion built.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Eric did more to boost the value of many BMW models than anyone.
All the forum guys would blast his prices as outrageous including myself back in 2008 or so.
Then a local friend told me about his experiences with EAG and some nice M3's and M5's he owned.
Then I got it.
So thanks Eric for making my $20000 M5 now a $75000 M5.
God bless you.
Gary

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Many people bemoaned the fact that he almost single-handedly raised the price of e30 m3 out of the reach of many people who desired one. i look at it a different way, similar to many here ... he raised the profile of almost all vintage BMW and put them on the radar screen of collectors. He always seemed to find the best examples to present for sale. he will be missed

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Many people bemoaned the fact that he almost single-handedly raised the price of e30 m3 out of the reach of many people who desired one. i look at it a different way, similar to many here ... he raised the profile of almost all vintage BMW and put them on the radar screen of collectors. He always seemed to find the best examples to present for sale. he will be missed

I was always amazed but never disgruntled.
I wasn’t trying to buy these cars.

Watch this video with Eric. Watch the quote and in first 10 seconds and and take it in. Then watch the rest and recognize his passion and knowledge.

I’m very sorry to hear that his life ended too soon. :(