ETA 02 Cabrio

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Moving to OT with no redirect since it has only been 15 minutes since creation.

I think it’s kinda neat and appreciate the craftsmanship. I would rather have a period ‘02 though.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The '02 community feelings are widely split. Many want the rebirth of the '02 and when someone does it, the arm chair critics bust on it. Makes no sense to me to bash it.

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I am not always a fan of mod stuff and have seen my share of crappy convertible conversions and other disaster mod projects, but this just looks so well done to me (at a quick glance)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The '02 community feelings are widely split. Many want the rebirth of the '02 and when someone does it, the arm chair critics bust on it. Makes no sense to me to bash it.
There is a place to click for English. I like it. A successful, understated, homage to the Classic. What would David Davis say?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah, I am not always a fan of mod stuff and have seen my share of crappy convertible conversions and other disaster mod projects, but this just looks so well done to me (at a quick glance) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deutsche Qualität :);)

jmackro

Reaction score
Yeah, I am not always a fan of mod stuff and have seen my share of crappy convertible conversions and other disaster mod projects, but this just looks so well done to me (at a quick glance)

I have only looked at the pictures - not read the English translation - but I assume this is a 21st Century car whose styling is "inspired" by the 2002. Kind of like the new Mini and new Beetle. Not a "convertible conversion" on a 50-year old 2002.

It would be interesting to see how ETA would style a coupe version.

I don't know who ETA is, but find it interesting that they have the wherewithal to build a car and get it certified is this highly-regulated day and age.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At the very bottom there is an English translation selection.

As I understand these are bespoke BMWs based on the BMW 1 series chassis. There are 3 trim levels, Exclusive, Premium & Individual.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are those side mirrors from the 1 series cars? Kind off ill fitting.....
Kind of like an Automobile Manufaktur with openend Customer wishes!

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like it, but I'm easy. Except they need to go back to the drawing board on controls, instruments, and dash--weak effort there as it looks like a base model modern car.