Ethanol Free Gas (Worth the hype? )

It is my understanding that premium octane (top tier) fuel degrades more slowly than regular, assuming both have ethanol in the US. So it is preferred for cars that have long-term storage. I have not seen data on this for non-ethanol fuel. And, of course, keep your tank topped up in storage.

there is also this idea of the ethanol percentage allowed, expressed in % we have E5 and E10

as we do have nothing but E fuels here, and as my coupe is carb-ed, I can present a non-statistically perfect proof that not apparent deterioration happens neither in fuel reservoir, nor in carburetor seals

…maybe it is only me, but I must say

I can present a non-statistically perfect proof that not apparent deterioration happens neither in fuel reservoir, nor in carburetor seals

…maybe it is only me, but I must say
Me too...in many different collector cars and lots of miles. No problems.

(anecdotal evidence only)

Ethanol was introduced in the 1970s in the US. If you are still running 50 year old soft parts in your fuel system you might not have the same results as mine.

OK, I can try to wrap up the topic with a Dad Joke.
Today I was able to get gas for a dollar and 95 cents. Unfortunately it was from Taco Bell.

All I use in my cars is 91 octane Non - Ethanol . Ethanol is horrible for rubber gas lines and you get far less on gas mileage. Another Government hand out program . We also have 100 octane available here for racing or a little more get up and go. I have had to replace a lot of gas lines on my cars and will never ever put ethanol gas in my cars.

Back