Euro 1973 Euro 3.0Si On BaT - Sold $36,750

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
With 9k KM I wouldn't call it a good market test. More like another anomaly. Any car from that era in that condition is going to sell for a lot on BAT.
Still looking for the matching dash- "The seats are trimmed in dark blue fabric with a matching dashboard..."

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 8.21.56 AM.png

I'll know when E3s have hit the big time when they look this good but get nit picked. ;)

Hopefully E3s like this will give others the incentive to bring them to this level.

Last edited:

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I could see it getting to $40k or something and not selling. The seller is going to want more than the last, I’d think.

I actually think it will be a good market test. One sold for $38k, can another? Is there really demand or did just one guy want that car? iirc, there were at least 2 people near the end of that auction.

With 9k KM I wouldn't call it a good market test. More like another anomaly. Any car from that era in that condition is going to sell for a lot on BAT.
Still looking for the matching dash- "The seats are trimmed in dark blue fabric with a matching dashboard..."

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I started another thread on this same car in error. Please delete mine or combine it with AustinOski's. Thanks.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
With two e9’s selling over $100K and another current high bid at $100K. I’m thinking this e3 could surprise. I doubt it’s 9K original KMs. Looks to have been resprayed in the past. Nice Euro spec si none the less.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Shows 9k KM. If 109k KM this would be 67,000 miles. Looks about right to me. Perhaps an exterior respray?

Jon B

Reaction score
It should be assumed that the odometer has turned over at least once. There are no supporting documents, such as old service receipts, to suggest otherwise.
There are several places around the car with paint overspray, including the badly eroded VIN plate.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I could see it getting to $40k or something and not selling. The seller is going to want more than the last, I’d think.

I actually think it will be a good market test. One sold for $38k, can another? Is there really demand or did just one guy want that car? iirc, there were at least 2 people near the end of that auction.

Here's the one that sold for $38 last fall...

44k miles. Maybe a slightly better car than the one on now? (maybe I just like the hubcaps and trim rings better than the FPS wheels? ;) )

There were 3 bidders in it until $32k then the final two to $38

This one should have a shot at $40k if the market has indeed moved up.

What is the highest price EVER for an E3?

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's the one that sold for $38 last fall...

44k miles. Maybe a slightly better car than the one on now? (maybe I just like the hubcaps and trim rings better than the FPS wheels? ;) )

There were 3 bidders in it until $32k then the final two to $38

This one should have a shot at $40k if the market has indeed moved up.

What is the highest price EVER for an E3?
I think 71 Polaris is slightly more original. Maybe even a better car. But it’s a more common US spec non injection. I think the uniqueness of euro spec and D-Jet injection could push the blue car passed $38K.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Prior owner is Bill Merriken who owned 2002AD before Ben Miller bought it, it is a lovely Si.

Last edited:

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
That is a sweet ride. Looks to be a great example to clean up/enhance or drive as is. Nice to see another great Bav available...which seems to be rare these days.

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Dick Steinkamp - Thanks. I did see the Fjord sticker after I posted (and thought about looking for the sticker). I was hazy this morning!

The whole description seems a bit more vague or lazy than some of the other highly detailed and fawning descriptions. Or, maybe I’m just feeling sensitive about the E3.

tmh

Reaction score
I find the personal video to be very compelling. If it had a leather interior I would think it would sell for at least $10,000 more. I really like the front and rear seats in leather in an Si, very cool! I will be surprised if this doesn't sell for $35 - $40k. The 71 was an amazing car as to the undercarriage, and this one looks really good with 30k more miles. It looks very nice in this color and it would look great sitting next to the Fjord CSI from last week.