Exhaust mount

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi there

I have installed my Getrag 265 5 spd and I am wondering how fellow Forum members supported their manifold pipes. Please share pictures and descriptions? My bavaria was an automatic so I am hoping to rejig those manifold pipe support parts.

Thank!

-Bill

1618546254735.png

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bill, looks good!

Here's how I did it, the small plate that bolts to the gearbox has a threaded hole for the threaded rod.

Attachments

• Gearbox 11.jpg
    Gearbox 11.jpg
    713.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Gearbox 12.jpg
    Gearbox 12.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 192

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bill, looks good!

Here's how I did it, the small plate that bolts to the gearbox has a threaded hole for the threaded rod.

Hi Robert,

Thanks you for the inspiration. I followed your lead and used threaded rod through the tranny tabs straight down through the pipes. I used the factory bracket on top since the 'homemade job' rubbed on the tranny. Nice a snug :)

Regards,
Bill

pXXirBpYSVGn+LeATlpC%w.jpg

t0dVfDzHT1efnGZrJ37%UQ.jpg

wimzvnniQMGo+zAn5865Ig.jpg

Last edited:

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
what do you call that bracket.? I have been trying to find one and I can't seem to google it

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are you asking about the shifter platform support bracket
actually, I was just asking about the exhaust hangers or bracket that holds the pipes. I cant find the part number for the OE part and I dont know what the name of it is to google.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The four speed OE support arm won’t work as the five speed is longer and in the e12 the down pipe was a single pipe so that doesn’t help either. Solution are all custom.