Facebook group and links

lytebrite

Deceased
Reaction score
Hello - I was asked to Co-Admin an E9 Facebook page and have been recommending folks new to E9s to join this group as well as cross linking to the guides and info here. Just wanted you to be aware should there be a spike in members. The page is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/e9bmw Let me know if I am breaking any group rules and I will rectify. Thanks -Wyndham

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello - I was asked to Co-Admin an E9 Facebook page and have been recommending folks new to E9s to join this group as well as cross linking to the guides and info here. Just wanted you to be aware should there be a spike in members. The page is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/e9bmw Let me know if I am breaking any group rules and I will rectify. Thanks -Wyndham
Do we know the main Admin for that page, are they a member here?

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Do we know the main Admin for that page, are they a member here?

Looks like the Admins and moderators are...

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.05.01 AM.png

They have 3,986 members

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Me too, I hate FB but many E9'ers (including many knowledgeable Europeans, and younger E9 owners) by habit post first on FB. Can we have an e9 forum FB page that links to this site so we can capture those people and prevent them from getting poor advice from these other FB groups and never bothering to visit this forum? Kind of a disturbing trend, but hey I'm a boomer and want FB to get off my lawn!

I am always directing the E9 Facebook group people here.

lytebrite

Deceased
Reaction score
I am the co-admin of this page and you are right... FB is def a cesspool of poor info. However, there are many "younger" E9 fans and first time owners that need correct info. I am happy to direct people here as well as repost and credit this group & forum (as I have been doing). TBH, for simple stuff like posting pics, etc using a blog platform is a PITA. However, I completely understand the hesitancy about using Fakebook. Anyway...the important thing is for the right info to be disseminated.

lytebrite

Deceased
Reaction score
Me too, I hate FB but many E9'ers (including many knowledgeable Europeans, and younger E9 owners) by habit post first on FB. Can we have an e9 forum FB page that links to this site so we can capture those people and prevent them from getting poor advice from these other FB groups and never bothering to visit this forum? Kind of a disturbing trend, but hey I'm a boomer and want FB to get off my lawn!
I am happy to link to this site (that's actually what I've been doing.) If it's cool, I'd like to link to some of the FAQ guides esp Tire/Wheel sizes, Suppliers, etc.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am the co-admin of this page and you are right... FB is def a cesspool of poor info. However, there are many "younger" E9 fans and first time owners that need correct info. I am happy to direct people here as well as repost and credit this group & forum (as I have been doing). TBH, for simple stuff like posting pics, etc using a blog platform is a PITA. However, I completely understand the hesitancy about using Fakebook. Anyway...the important thing is for the right info to be disseminated.

I for one think new blood is a good thing and if we don't like the misinformation on FB, then it's partly the responsibility of thus August group to provide correct information. The collective knowledge in this forum is invaluable. Disinformation seems to spread faster than accurate information these days so let's see if we can get a few of the more dedicated e9 lovers over here. And who knows, some might have that old box of parts their pop left them that can finish your project (OK, I may be projecting here)...

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm also a co-admin of a E9 Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwe9/ )
It strikes me that more and more e9 related groups are being added. For new E9 owners, it is unclear where best to join.
I don't own E9 myself but was asked to help because "I know people".
The most ideal option would be that there is 1 "official" group. Unfortunately, too often groups are formed for personal reasons.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
It strikes me that more and more e9 related groups are being added. For new E9 owners, it is unclear where best to join.

The answer is one: e9coupe.com :cool: ...

The knowledge is accurate and scap info is filtered out.

FB for me is kind of a "stream of consciousness". For some it might appear to be even healthy.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
When I looked into this ten years ago, it was easy to find this place and quite clear that this forum is filled with solid information and good people. That hasn't changed; indeed the volume of technical information continues to grow here. And if you own an e9, and go to car events, the people who do the judging and win the prizes are here. So, I guess I don't see why the decision to join us would be difficult.

As to people who get together elsewhere and exchange bad information, I don't fell any obligation to go find them and straighten them out. I have limited bandwidth, dislike facebook, and am not particularly interested in finding new alternative computer outlets for my interest in the e9. When those who are wandering in the technological wilderness become wise enough to come here, I'm happy to help.

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think it is not fair to say that Facebook is misleading, not accurate or a place where people exchange bad information.
There are enough members in the various groups who have a lot of knowledge and who correct misinformation. Some of these persons are not active on this forum.
Besides that, many of the E9 Forum members are active on Facebook.
I joined Facebook many years ago and joined over 100 groups. For me it's an easy way to connect with people from all over the world. I'm still learning every day, not only about E9's, I'm interested in all BMW models from the sixties and seventies.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying FB is the place to be. The various Forums are the best option.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think it is not fair to say that Facebook is misleading, not accurate or a place where people exchange bad information.
There are enough members in the various groups who have a lot of knowledge and who correct misinformation. Some of these persons are not active on this forum.
Besides that, many of the E9 Forum members are active on Facebook.
I joined Facebook many years ago and joined over 100 groups. For me it's an easy way to connect with people from all over the world. I'm still learning every day, not only about E9's, I'm interested in all BMW models from the sixties and seventies.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying FB is the place to be. The various Forums are the best option.

I think no one here is for shutting FB off for E9 fans.

The real problem for FB is the form it is organized - an info stream.
FB ... and participation in many groups is great opportunity - no doubt.

As Chris mentioned above it was proven this forum is an essence of the information and finding posts from many years back is an easy task.

I'm happy for people have time and energy to talk and read hundreds of posts daily. Maybe I'm different, but I can read even all posts appearing daily on here.

For some publicity shown on FB is not the way they would like to be "available" to the World and security settings on FB are not recommended for the active FB user as they are cutting you from the cooperative and international information exchange.

I do not know how long FB will exist. We know how many other messaging platforms have gone and all the information has been lost forever with switching off the servers.

I'm really happy this forum is still widely used as many of forums passed away. Maybe it is caused by the ages of experience of the many users. I hope it will never end.