Fair price for 14x7 alpinas?

dealhunter0

Reaction score
Found a set but the owner wants (what I consider) a lot for them. Good shape, won't need to be refinished. What's a fair price?

Also, if you happen to have a set you'd be willing to part with, please PM me!

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
$800-$1000 for a super nice set. Remember, performance 14" tires are scarcely available, if at all.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I could not find any for that condition at that price - i was quoted $1500-2k for refinished ready to go.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have to agree with Stevehose, while not desirable for everyday use, they are not all that common and command a premium. I have mine on the shelf and run Coupe King's 16" staggered set.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
True, 14" Alpinas are not common, but yet, they do not fetch premium prices as the 16" staggered rims do. A few short years ago, a San diego forum member here had a very hard time unloading his newly refurbished 14" Alpinas for the previous stated asking price.

Last edited:

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
True, 14" Alpinas are common, but yet, they do not fetch premium prices as the 16" staggered rims do. A few short years ago, a San diego forum member here had a very hard time unliading his newly refurbished 14" Alpinas for the previous stated asking price.

There was a set on eBay a few weeks ago for about $400, IIRC. I dont think they sold. May want to search for completed listings and contact the seller.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They were sold, seller sold them off eBay, I tried to buy them

There was a set on eBay a few weeks ago for about $400, IIRC. I dont think they sold. May want to search for completed listings and contact the seller.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
The seller sent me a couple photos of the rims. The center section did not have "Alpina" in the center section like my 16"s do. There was nothing at all. It made me wonder if they were legit, but I dont know if 14"s should have Alpina in the center. If they were knock-offs ( and I am not saying they were knock-offs ), that might explain the price.

John S

Reaction score
You can still get brand new 14x7 Alpina alloys from Walloth & Nesch for 1950 Euros for a set of 4 (including Alpina caps & lug nuts).

dealhunter0

Reaction score
Thanks guys, pulled the trigger on a set for $ at the low end of Bert's estimate. Picking them up next week... assuming they are indeed real alpinas and in great shape as described.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think those 14 Alpinas are probably the best real world way to go. YOu can get some very sticky tires if that is what you want, most notably the Dunlop Star Spec in a 195-60-14. Not sure if this type of tire works with E9 geometry and bushings, but they have great levels of grip.

HBe9

Reaction score
my '74 CS has 14" Alpina style wheels with a "BMW" stamp on them, is there different branding with ALPINA?

G-Man

Reaction score
I had a set of 14X7 Alpina's for sale on this forum for some time with no takers. The Alpina's had been to a wheel shop for restoration and came with Falken 225/60-14 tires with 70% tread. I even reduced the price to $600 and still no bites. The problem is, 14" performance tires in the US market are going the way of the dinosaur. Tire Rack doesn't even carry a 195/70-14 H rated tire in there inventory. I bought a set of old school 15" BBS RA wheels that I will put on my E3 when my 14" tires wear out. The performance tire selection in 15" is tenfold better than 14". I ended up trading my Alpina's to a shop for work done on my car.

G-Man

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a set of 14X7 Alpina's for sale on this forum for some time with no takers. The Alpina's had been to a wheel shop for restoration and came with Falken 225/60-14 tires with 70% tread. I even reduced the price to $600 and still no bites. The problem is, 14" performance tires in the US market are going the way of the dinosaur. Tire Rack doesn't even carry a 195/70-14 H rated tire in there inventory. I bought a set of old school 15" BBS RA wheels that I will put on my E3 when my 14" tires wear out. The performance tire selection in 15" is tenfold better than 14". I ended up trading my Alpina's to a shop for work done on my car.

G-Man

G-Man, this is or was a very sad story. :cry: Could be just very bad timing or just the reality of the situation with 14" rims and tires. Your unfortunate ordeal was I had mentioned in my earlier post above. The original 14" Alpinas For sale thread.

dealhunter0

Reaction score
Wish you still had them. For 600 (w/ tires!) I would take them in a heartbeat.

G-Man

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what about good knock-offs?

There are some turbine wheels that look like Alpina's
Does anyone have a guess at a price for those?
Stan