Favorite BMW model according to people working for the company

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
"As BMW celebrates its 100th anniversary this year, it will inevitably look back to its illustrious past. Along the years, the Bavarians revolutionized the car industry and some models rose to superstar levels and are considered iconic not only among BMW fans and models but also within the industry.

Therefore, an initiative to ask some of the people working for the company what is their all-time favorite BMW came to life and the answers are less surprising than you might expect. We thought the answers will be a lot more diverse but it looks like two cars stand out the most in the crowd, as well as in people’s hearts: the BMW 328 and the BMW 3.0 CSL."

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/07/22/video-bmw-asks-favorite-bmw/

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Love my 3.0 CSi and think it's the most beautiful car BMW ever built, yet my favorite is the 2002Tii.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Interesting Andrew. I've had three Tiis and to me I don't think any of them came close to my coupes. Not that there is anything wrong with them mind you. It's nothing but personal preferences of course but I found them a bit too small and less sophisticated. But they are a ton of fun. Embarrassment of riches to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
As the racing people say, "There's horses for courses." If you want tear up the back woods mountain roads, my tii will run circles around my (and your) coupe. If you want to take a long-distance ride (especially in the company of your significant other), or you want to impress the local populace, nothing does it better than an E9. And if you just want to stare at them side-by-side, it's a run-away aesthetic victory for the coupe.

Having said all that, if the garage is on fire, I'm pulling the tii out first.

79aggie

Reaction score
Uh. No, the M1 is #1, with a few others maybe the coupe #2, the original M3 for the package, maybe #3.

I fell in love with the e9 in '83, it took 5 years to find it in the days of no internet and circumstances in life.

scottd

Reaction score
I am surprised to hear nobody on video say the 507. Aside from CS and all variants, it's my favorite. M1 is amazing but a bit too Italian in design for me to say favorite BMW.

Scott