Feedback on Vintage Car Websites

rblongboarder

Reaction score
Has anyone used the following websites?

In particular, I was interested in this '72 Bavaria, which appealed to me for tinkering:

They appear to be aggregators that re-list ads from other sites; their contact / inquiry
redirects do not seem to work. They also don't seem to mark vehicles as sold.

Any feedback from forum members? Avoid these like the plague?

floridabmx

Reaction score
I got a few old ads on there people call me on cars I sold 8 years ago. Aggravating

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don’t believe these are reliable sites. smclassiccars.com is showing ads that are years old. Including my 74 Bav that I sold 4 years ago.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
These kinds of sites are trying to get traffic for their web ads. They don't care that the ads they have scraped from the net are years old. It will take a little while for new people to figure that out and they get the page views and the resulting tiny revenue, but it adds up. Is it worth it for them? Dunno, but sites like that are a waste of time for everyone except the owners.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Davis Classics has sucked me in a couple of times. They aggregate old ads, so they often present great cars that were sold years ago.

The only use I had for them is I once tracked down a mechanic who worked on a car I was thinking about buying. I searched the VIN, and an eight year old for sale ad came up. I called the number in the ad, hoping to speak to a prior owner. Instead, I got the mechanic who sold the car for a client who remembered a bunch of interesting stuff about the car. Alas, I was outbid for the car.