Finally a toolkit... but...

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
So, after 2 years i finally got my hands on what looks to be a complete toolkit. Seems to be in reasonable shape... typical broken corners, which i've already figured out how to address thanks to the thorough write up posted here on the board. What i'm not clear on is how the screw drive lock is attached to the lid. As you can see in the picture, it is detached. My guess and hope is that its something as simple as a circlip that attaches to the latch on the topside (inside) of the lid and that its not via a molded piece of plastic that has broken off. I know there are probably a dozen ways i can get it to work, but i'd like to make it as close to original as possible...

Attachments

• Tookit.jpg
    Tookit.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 195

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
The part number you want is 07 11 9 934 071, called a lock ring. It appears to still be available and list price is $0.43 each.
This fits the threaded knob that was originally fitted to the 2-piece tool boxes.

The knob part is NLA and was superseded by the knob for the later 1-piece boxes and I don't know if the lock ring will fit that. Actually, now that I think about it, the later style has a built-in locking 'ring'.