Finished and VERY HAPPY!!!!!

ny30cs

Reaction score
I have been working on this one for several months and with the help of many here, I am done....for now.......Had it out today and still have a smile on my face from ear to ear!!! I know it has the big bumpers and it's doody brown but I love it just the way it is. Yes, a smaller bumper car has cleaner lines but I fell in love with a Black 74 that I saw back in 75 or so and loved the big bumper cars ever since. To each his own......It has a 3.5 with triple Webers, a five speed box, sun roof and it runs like a NEW car. I am truly in love!!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 405

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Colors have their time I guess. In the past I wouldn't have been too enamoured with the idea of a Brown car, but seeing your Coupe makes me think it is Spectacular. That car is a real eye turner. Congratulations on sticking with it. I have a couple of questions. Was your valve cover powder coated in that crinkle finish or is it paint? I'd also be curious to know how your Webers are set up in terms of jets.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you've done a great job sorting the car out - when I saw it before you bought it, it was a mess. Well done!

MMercury

Reaction score
Very well done!

Mallory distributor?

2 separate coolant temp sensors (adjacent to upper radiator hose)?
Plumbing next to power steering and brake fluid reservoirs?

attachment.php

ny30cs

Reaction score
Very well done!

Mallory distributor?

2 separate coolant temp sensors (adjacent to upper radiator hose)?
Plumbing next to power steering and brake fluid reservoirs?

attachment.php

I inherited a cluster of gauges in the center of the dash and one of the gauges is an additional temp gauge.
Still sorting out the engine bay and removing aftermarket THINGS that once existed......

ny30cs

Reaction score
Colors have their time I guess. In the past I wouldn't have been too enamoured with the idea of a Brown car, but seeing your Coupe makes me think it is Spectacular. That car is a real eye turner. Congratulations on sticking with it. I have a couple of questions. Was your valve cover powder coated in that crinkle finish or is it paint? I'd also be curious to know how your Webers are set up in terms of jets.

WOW!!! Your project dwarfs anything I have ever taken on!!! Good luck with that one.
The valve cover was powder coated n the crinkle finish and I am not sure about the jets on the carbs. I can find out for you id you'd like......

ny30cs

Reaction score
you've done a great job sorting the car out - when I saw it before you bought it, it was a mess. Well done!

Thanks so much!!! Thought you'd appreciate what it turned into......Just a little bit cleaner now.....Thanks for all your help!!!!

duane_sword

Reaction score
New England coupe cruise in 2012...

Ok, yes! another coupe makes it back to glory! Very beautiful car.... and as an enthusiast of the marque I say thank you!

I see you are located in CT, I am in Boston MA, perhaps we can get a crew together for a 2012 new year cruise post the bone-chilling season up here??

ny30cs

Reaction score
Ok, yes! another coupe makes it back to glory! Very beautiful car.... and as an enthusiast of the marque I say thank you!

I see you are located in CT, I am in Boston MA, perhaps we can get a crew together for a 2012 new year cruise post the bone-chilling season up here??

I'm in.........I love taking it out for long drives........Still Spring like today but I am afraid this will be the last of it until Spring time......See you in April.......

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Nice job and Sienna Braun was--

a color unique to the 1974 model--the last year Hoffman imported the E-9 to the USA due increasingly stringent smog issues.

Keep it nice as only a few Sienna cars have survived.

Honolulu

Reaction score
MMercury, the "extra plumbing" to the left (rear) of the PS reservoir is for the hydraulic accumulator (the dreaded "bomb") and associated valving. Some early bimmers including my '87 735i had these.

One can go this route or "do something else" to clear triple webers or factory EFI intake runners (such as using the Ljet intake on a motronic engine). Hydraulic accumulators "save" high pressure from a stronger steering pump and use it to boost the brakes. The system worked okay but the accumulators were prone to repeated failure, and could only be replaced rather than rebuilt.